How Hard is it to Find Diana 75 Rifles??

How Hard is it to Find Diana 75 Rifles??

December 2nd, 2017, 4:11 am #1

Hey all,

I watched some videos the other day comparing the FWB300 to the Diana 75. I love the FWB300 and have wanted one for years, but I wasn't aware how beautiful and capable the Diana 75 is.

So, I thought that maybe I should add the Diana 75 to my WISH LIST along side the FWB rifles that I like. The only thing is that I have never seen one up for sale on the Classified sites. I thought I'd ask and see how hard they are to find and how much I could expect to pay for a nice, shooter. I'm not looking for a Wall Hanger...I'm gonna SHOOT and ENJOY it whatever I get. I wouldn't mind if if needed an overhaul since it's not hard to ship it to the maker for the work.

Any ideas or suggestions on the Diana 75?

Thanks for your time and help.
Larry

December 2nd, 2017, 9:58 am #2

Give me a shout .44vanilla@gmail.com . I'm tapped out , so can't get it myself .

December 2nd, 2017, 2:57 pm #3

Hey all,

I watched some videos the other day comparing the FWB300 to the Diana 75. I love the FWB300 and have wanted one for years, but I wasn't aware how beautiful and capable the Diana 75 is.

So, I thought that maybe I should add the Diana 75 to my WISH LIST along side the FWB rifles that I like. The only thing is that I have never seen one up for sale on the Classified sites. I thought I'd ask and see how hard they are to find and how much I could expect to pay for a nice, shooter. I'm not looking for a Wall Hanger...I'm gonna SHOOT and ENJOY it whatever I get. I wouldn't mind if if needed an overhaul since it's not hard to ship it to the maker for the work.

Larry
This has also been on my list for a long time. I have a couple that are close, but I have never had a 75.

If you see a low or even apparently reasonable price, but in "original condition", it almost certainly needs a rebuild, and you need to factor that in to the true cost of ownership.

If it is rebuilt by a competent person, it will almost certainly be at a higher cost, and possibly worth it..

This is one of those collector traps where "original condition" sounds like a good thing, but even a cosmetically perfect rifle that old (the cherished "safe queen") has seals that have turned into a doughnut of hard parmesan cheese.

There are people with the time and skills to DIY such a rebuild, but I am not one of them.

They are lovely rifles, and my ancient but resealed Diana 65 (Winnie 333) can play pretty competently with a FWB300. Since the '75 is the improved version, yeah, I want one, and you do too. Good luck and if you get one, please post pics!

December 2nd, 2017, 6:10 pm #4

Give me a shout .44vanilla@gmail.com . I'm tapped out , so can't get it myself .
Larry. I've got a very nice D75 branded as a Beeman 400. Bought from PilkGuns about 2 years ago with a recent reseal from Umarex. However it has an issue that needs addressing. I can go into detail with you offline if you're interested.
Paul
jackpatrick314@gmail.com

December 2nd, 2017, 8:32 pm #5

Hey all,

Larry
that is get it complete as possible
meaning the factory sights are with it, any tools or sight inserts are a bonus along with any paper work
the paper work is seldom with the guns along with the tools
there are 20 FWB 300 listed to every Diana 75 listed for sale
be aware that the 75 come in different stocks and the 3 port hole style is the most common
the rebuilding should be done by someone in the know

there are early 75's and the later TO1 and the biggest differences are the sights front and rear
the Beeman 400 is a early model
go here and look at the resource area

http://www.network54.com/Index/103829

it will give you more info

I recommend the 75 as a great shooter and they can be scope with ease for us with old eyes
the trigger is top notch
I have three 75's
take care

December 3rd, 2017, 1:49 am #6

Hey all,

Larry
I picked up a D-75u to1 for 250.00 a few years ago. It has the original sights...the rear is the Diana 82 unit. It's in pristine condition externally but needed a rebuild,so I sent it to David Slade at Airgunwerks. As it stands,I have about 525.00 wrapped up in it. Just an absolute Pleasure to shoot! I wish You luck in Your search,You Won't be sorry.

December 3rd, 2017, 5:44 am #7

an upgrade being a 20 click sight a big surprise on a 250.00 rifle
here's an post that Mike Driskill wrote

http://www.network54.com/Forum/405945/t ... r+1978+75-

the 82 is I beautiful sight

December 3rd, 2017, 8:22 am #8

Hey all,

Larry
Hey all.

Thanks for the info and advice.

I went to that link for the Vintage Diana Forum and looked at some pics and I must say that if I had my choice of any that I have seen so far, I would take the Diana 75K or 75U. The Running Boar model is just gorgeous. I bet they sell for a pretty penny too.

I've always wanted a FWB 300 or one of the newer FWB rifles, but then I saw the Diana 75 and I wouldn't mind having one of those either. What I don't know if what kind of money we are talking about for one. Can you all give me a price range to kinda aim for? I wouldn't mind if it needed a rebuild as long as it was going to be top notch when done. I don't mind marks on the stock or the bluing. I'm gonna enjoy it if I get one, not show it off by hanging on my wall.

Any info you can share with me about these rifles and their cost would be really appreciated.

Thanks and have a great Sunday!

December 3rd, 2017, 12:06 pm #9

I have a Beeman 400 (Diana 75) that is in excellent condition. I purchased this rifle in March 2015 and had Airgunwerks (David Slade) service it at that time. I have only shot it a few times because I am not a competitive shooter so it has become a "safe queen". I have been needing to reduce my stock of airguns and this air rifle is on my "to sell" list. It is an excellent target rifle. I have owned a number of target air rifles, e.g. FWB 300s, Anschutz 250, Winchester 333, several HW 55's, etc. and this rifle is one of my favorites. If you are interested in ;earning more let me know. I have to out today but I could follow-up with photos.

December 3rd, 2017, 9:40 pm #10

an upgrade being a 20 click sight a big surprise on a 250.00 rifle
here's an post that Mike Driskill wrote

http://www.network54.com/Forum/405945/t ... r+1978+75-

the 82 is I beautiful sight
I saw it for sale at a local firearm dealer and it looked beautiful and very well made. I bought it on the spot, figuring something may be wrong with it. Got it home,loaded a pellet,fired it..and no hole in the target. This was back in 2007,I believe. I'm pretty handy with airguns,so I researched how to rebuild it. I'll tell ya,there was Nooo way I was going to get "elbow deep in the neck-bone pot" and risk screwing up this work of art! Fast forward to 2016 and I Finally sent it out to Airgunwerks, scared to death that something bad might occur in transit. Everything went smooth,thank God! I see the manufacture date of 05 84 right under the base of the cocking arm on the receiver tube. Mr. Slade advised me to remove the rear sight for shipping,BTW. He commented on the condition, saying I got an Excellent deal! I currently have a Hawke 3-9x40 Airmax on it and have the 82 sight on my Vortek tuned R-7. Best deal I think I'll ever get! Lol!!