How do you remove the bolt on a Discovery?

How do you remove the bolt on a Discovery?

July 26th, 2012, 4:30 am #1

Looks like I need to remove the striker as well-does the air tube need to be empty? I'm getting occasional flyers but pretty tight groups, want to check the breech screws and maybe polish the lead-in. Thanks, John

July 28th, 2012, 9:45 am #2

You don't have to but why not just to be safe. Looks like this would be the first time for you. Check the transfer port for rocking their. If you can slide a piece of paper under the front of the breech it is probably too long. Use a clamp with rubber on the breech to take tension off that little breech screw it makes a big difference. Use it to reassemble also it's fairly easy to tear down.
Good luck , have fun and be safe my friend,
Don

August 1st, 2012, 2:04 am #3

Looks like I need to remove the striker as well-does the air tube need to be empty? I'm getting occasional flyers but pretty tight groups, want to check the breech screws and maybe polish the lead-in. Thanks, John
I just watched Tyler Patner's excellent videos on the BNM multi-shot breech. The disassembly portion answered all my questions. Thanks to Tyler!
John

August 1st, 2012, 11:26 am #4

dissambly of the disco. I gave you the wrong directions to dissamble it, have been removing my breech on my PRod so much I forgot a few steps, sory. Steve forgot to tell ya about removing the stock to get to the trigger housing screw. I just watched that U tube on the BNM and when he was removing that screw he used a flat head driver. that screw is actually a Robertson screw, square head screw. I dont know why crosman only uses that screw only in that location, guess its easier to use a 1/4 bit to tighten it down.
use the right tool for the right job, right, LOL. using a Robertson bit will keep the screw from getting all chewed up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_screw_drives

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal