How do yo survive TEEN AGERS !!!

How do yo survive TEEN AGERS !!!

May 22nd, 2012, 3:02 am #1

Man my kids are both so tring my patience. One caught taking money out of moms wallet! Now the other who never lied is starting to lie. This time both my kids got the same fan last year my sons started not working right. So me and my daughter go to archery tonight and magically her fan has the same issues his did and his is now working fine. I asked him and he says he fixed it. I said funny Amandas fan is doing the same thing yours was. He had that blank look on his face. Isaid how dod you fix it. He said I he just spinns it and then it works. So tomorrow I will be veriying it and swtiching them back and secretely marking them as to see if I get lied to again!

Then on top of it all the constant bickering back and forth! They have no respect or consideration for each other ecspecailly my son for my daughter! Heis 14 she is 12.

Man I can stand liers or stealers! Gonna be a long 6 years

May 22nd, 2012, 3:10 am #2

May 22nd, 2012, 4:08 am #3

Man my kids are both so tring my patience. One caught taking money out of moms wallet! Now the other who never lied is starting to lie. This time both my kids got the same fan last year my sons started not working right. So me and my daughter go to archery tonight and magically her fan has the same issues his did and his is now working fine. I asked him and he says he fixed it. I said funny Amandas fan is doing the same thing yours was. He had that blank look on his face. Isaid how dod you fix it. He said I he just spinns it and then it works. So tomorrow I will be veriying it and swtiching them back and secretely marking them as to see if I get lied to again!

Then on top of it all the constant bickering back and forth! They have no respect or consideration for each other ecspecailly my son for my daughter! Heis 14 she is 12.

I believe it was Mark Twain (please forgive me if I am wring and misquote).

The way to deal with a boy (I suppose you could substitute any child here) is to seal him in a barrel and feed him through the bung hole. When they reach teenage years, seal up the bung hole.

Someone will chime in with the correct quote and Peron being quoted. I feel that the spirit is captured though.

Sasq

May 22nd, 2012, 4:56 am #4

...is to never have them. Hands down the best way. But, since you, and myslef, went the other route, the best way is to reflect back to when you were a teen.

Now, now, I know many will say that they were perfect little angles and never did blah, blah, blah. The point remains the same. If you are able, simply ask your own parents about the things you did that bothered them and what they did to correct the issues before they became real issues. Simple. Be a parent and never quit teaching your children. Regardless of age, they will always be your children.

When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

-Mark Twain

No matter how hard you try, you can never be more than 12 years old with your parents. Parents earnestly try not to inflame, but their comments contain no scale and a strange focus.

Douglas Coupland

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."
Last edited by Duane30 on May 22nd, 2012, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 22nd, 2012, 4:59 am #5

...they may grow up just as dysfuntional as they were treated! Yippie!!

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

May 22nd, 2012, 8:10 am #6

And, you've got mine. I hear you. Believe me when I tell you that I also spent some days tearing my hair out trying to determine what what some of that stuff meant and what I could do about it, if anything. It may help to remember that the teenager's main reason for much of what they do is because, "It seemed like a good idea the time". lol.

Sometimes kids don't know another way to do see if you're paying attention. Growing up is hard--or I think it was--and at that age you just don't come up to your parent and say, "Hey, Dad, can you help me with something?".

I don't know what's really going on, but I think you won't regret any time you spend with them in checking it out. As an empty-nester now, I wish I could go back and relive some of those days that are now gone forever, when the kids were still at home. I think I'd go with my kids to a few more movies of their choosing, or maybe take them to some outdoor event just to see the sights and spend some good times together. They might enjoy it in spite of any reservations they have to the contrary.

If you really want to get even at some point, once you make sure it's not 'drugs or whatever', you could give them each $50 and say, "I want you to buy yourself something to wear with this money, then I want to see what you picked after you get it to see who got the nicest thing for their money". Boy, that'll confuse the heck out of THEM for a change.

Making and enforcing some rules isn't a bad thing either, BTW--they'll have to deal with rules of some sort throughout their entire lives. They might as well get used to it now. Don't be overly-harsh or forget a little mercy and understanding along the way, though. I say that to you not as some sort of wise sage (cough, as if), but as just another big kid myself. I mean, hey, we're grown-up now I'm talking to you on our favorite toys forum, for Pete's sake.

Pardon my ramblings. You brought back some memories by your post.

Happy Shooting!

Ed, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.
Last edited by ekmeister on May 22nd, 2012, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 22nd, 2012, 10:18 am #7

were your teenage years problemless? i love teenagers maybe because i still have a teenage mentality.

have a nice day

May 22nd, 2012, 11:03 am #8

LOL now that made me chuckle THANKS!

May 22nd, 2012, 11:19 am #9

were your teenage years problemless? i love teenagers maybe because i still have a teenage mentality.

have a nice day
I am thakfull they are not like I was for the most part. The toughest part is when you spend $$$$$ and time time time time time alot if time. Even personel injury ( motocross at 43 when you just started at 40 ) and your thanked by lies, bad behaivor in school, constant disrespect to adults and your daughter. It hurts a bit but more than that it makes me ask why bother is this is what I get in return.

Now I know why My goal is to raise them with values and keep them focused and on better things than durgs and trouble. so here I am successfull so far.

Now my sweatpea as I call her has charmed the pants off of everyone. Has always lied. I hoped it would change but has not. I been too the movies so much this year with her to spend dad time and taken her shoping for special clothes out to dinner just me and her all dressed up. I got a s510 for her to shoot. Builts a special pink bow for her to shoot. The list goes on and on. THen SHe says she feels empty inside when she is here. Now she is intitled to feel you she feels. But I dont understand. Then on top of it all my sweatpea is a THIEF! Now I hope we cuaght it in time and realize she may not even know the depth of what she has done. Only looked at it is just a couple dollars. So I hope I informed her well what stealing really does to a relationships. ANd hope that this will be the end of it.

The hardest part of it all is how the 2 sibblings fight. There are times the get along and I know fighting is normal but it still sucks. THey would do much better to enjoy one another not anoy one another.

ANyhow it was just a survival day ad thos sweet faces lied and stole from me and each other yesterday.

today will be better right. Airgunning will take me away! :D cheers

May 22nd, 2012, 12:03 pm #10

I remember back when I was a teen boy and I liked this or that girl. Things that defied explanation would happen from time to time--like the one I liked at a given time would run hot then cold on me for no apparent reason. And, I'd think, "Is it me or what?" "What's the problem here?" "I'm so confused".

Well, I later found out they were just honing their craft for use later on in life. They have to be difficult beyond a certain level to earn that coveted degree they all want to get from 'that place' that only they know about. Now, I've never actually SEEN one of the degrees, but the evidence that they exist is overwhelming. The art of deduction irrefutably-suggests their existence. It's the only explanation.

Seriously, I helped raise a teen girl. I got to see what one of the species was like from the 'un-involved' side, as a mere mortal parent. And, I finally got some insight into all the angst I suffered from the discontent and moodiness of teen girls. I was right: it WASN'T me after all. They are tough, and they can be relentless and sneaky just to see what they can get away with. I would say they're hard on anything and everything around them, but the step-daughter and one of the three cats we had seemed to get along pretty well.

Happy Shooting!

Ed, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.
Last edited by ekmeister on May 22nd, 2012, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.