Hi Performing Lubes...

May 23rd, 2017, 7:38 pm #1

Has anyone ever compared the Superlube oils/greases against Dupont Krylox lubes?

May 23rd, 2017, 8:05 pm #2

Far different products

May 23rd, 2017, 9:28 pm #3

Has anyone ever compared the Superlube oils/greases against Dupont Krylox lubes?
It appears that at least some Superlube greases/oils are hydrocarbon base stock with PTFE additives. A little more expensive than your average greases.

Krytox contains no hydrocarbons and is made from PFPE (fluorinated) oils only. Extremely stable in high temperatures, excellent viscosity index, essential zero combustibility even in pure oxygen and high pressure air applications. Very expensive, dollars per gram in many cases.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krytox/

Big difference in cost, performance, and suitability in various applications.

David

May 25th, 2017, 12:00 am #4

I was thinking which would give better results in the comp chamber? Krytox highest temp rating stuff w/moly, or the way less expensive Superlube grease after lightly buffing some powdered Moly on the walls? Anyone ever use S-Lube for the chamber?
Also, has anyone used S-lube grease on triggers?
I bought these all on Amazon. I heard about Superlube being great, but is it used for everything?
I bet a paper thin layer of that Krytox w/Moly will stay in place. It doesn't burn, but I'm wondering just how slick it would be, using the newer black Vortek piston seal?

May 25th, 2017, 2:26 am #5

And that putting hydrocarbon (Superlube) into the compression tube is asking for dieseling, the only option I can suggest is Krytox.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymer_fume_fever

Can I ask why compression chamber lubing is important to you? All of my springers are dry except for a bit of moly paste at assembly.

David