HFT - What are the Core Rules that you think would be fair

HFT - What are the Core Rules that you think would be fair

February 5th, 2011, 2:32 pm #1

To balance Promoting the sport, Participation AND Competition?

There's been quite an exchange of criticism lately, so instead of saying what's wrong, what's the solution?

Regards,

Tony

February 5th, 2011, 2:51 pm #2

Tony ,very basic but pretty much covers all the bases.Both classes have there own following and as I mentioned variety is needed in the FT sport.The Off-hand is a discipline offered in all shooting sports and I believe it is essential in the developement of Ft pistol game.The other items such as wght,scope mag,barrel length etc. would obviously vary from Unlimited to Hunter Classes.

February 5th, 2011, 3:34 pm #3

There's been quite an exchange of criticism lately, so instead of saying what's wrong, what's the solution?

Regards,

Tony

would only be two classes......Recoiling and Nonrecoiling, all the rest can stand as is!

February 5th, 2011, 3:48 pm #4

Regards,

Tony

You'll always have WHINNERS and WINNERS! Both the Winner and the Whinner want to win. Then you have those that are in charge of actually making the rules trying to shut the Whinners up by wanting to change the rules to please them. Now the original winners are the Whinners. This evolution continues until the Hunter class becomes history.
This all started because some one that would like to win don't want to shell out $600 to $800 for a scope. Yet he may drive into the shoot in a new truck, or may even smoke those $6.00 a pack cigs. It's all about priorities! If you want to be competitive then learn the game and find your way like many of us have started out.
You don't hear the OPEN class or Piston class crying about who has the best equipment. Why! Because if you want to win you buy what you need not try to cost someone that has already invested in the equipment more money. Announce ahead of time that there will be a hunter meeting at the next Nationals to vote on the rules by those that have skin in the game. If we must change the rules then prepare people to the new rules well in advance so they can adapt in a timely fashion. A fact of life is most competitive sports require substantial investment of time, (Practice) and Money (Equipment). If you want to win without these investments you'll always be a Whinner. Unless of course you could just go shoot for the fun of it and just try to be the best you can, and learn. Then maybe next year ask Santa for a new scope or airgun!

February 5th, 2011, 3:52 pm #5

would only be two classes......Recoiling and Nonrecoiling, all the rest can stand as is!
Which I believe I have already made. This is the biggest disparity an we all know it but would rather KNIT pic someones else's equipment! It does move this forum along though! LOL!
Last edited by dayjd on February 5th, 2011, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 5th, 2011, 3:58 pm #6

Regards,

Tony

I don't understand how a clarification question on the new 12x setting rule turned into wanting to totally rewrite the hunter class rules. I thought this week was dedicated to ironing out the PFT rules.

The only change I would like to see is separate HFT PCP & HFT piston classes. We break them down at our club and also did it when we hosted the 2008 & 2009 NERFTC. Other than that I am happy with the way they are now. I personally don't care if the guy next to me has a scope/hubble telescope that cost more than my entire setup or if his rifle cost more than I make in 2 months.

As far as growing the sport, I have no answer, other than it may take a grassroots effort. A couple of us have a table at a local gun show tomorrow with the sole purpose of trying to promote field target at our club. We'll see what happens. Hopefully we can get some new shooters and make them feel at home.

February 5th, 2011, 4:05 pm #7

Tony ,very basic but pretty much covers all the bases.Both classes have there own following and as I mentioned variety is needed in the FT sport.The Off-hand is a discipline offered in all shooting sports and I believe it is essential in the developement of Ft pistol game.The other items such as wght,scope mag,barrel length etc. would obviously vary from Unlimited to Hunter Classes.

February 5th, 2011, 4:05 pm #8

You'll always have WHINNERS and WINNERS! Both the Winner and the Whinner want to win. Then you have those that are in charge of actually making the rules trying to shut the Whinners up by wanting to change the rules to please them. Now the original winners are the Whinners. This evolution continues until the Hunter class becomes history.
This all started because some one that would like to win don't want to shell out $600 to $800 for a scope. Yet he may drive into the shoot in a new truck, or may even smoke those $6.00 a pack cigs. It's all about priorities! If you want to be competitive then learn the game and find your way like many of us have started out.
You don't hear the OPEN class or Piston class crying about who has the best equipment. Why! Because if you want to win you buy what you need not try to cost someone that has already invested in the equipment more money. Announce ahead of time that there will be a hunter meeting at the next Nationals to vote on the rules by those that have skin in the game. If we must change the rules then prepare people to the new rules well in advance so they can adapt in a timely fashion. A fact of life is most competitive sports require substantial investment of time, (Practice) and Money (Equipment). If you want to win without these investments you'll always be a Whinner. Unless of course you could just go shoot for the fun of it and just try to be the best you can, and learn. Then maybe next year ask Santa for a new scope or airgun!
big do getting there. hotel, plane, food, a few things to remind us of the time we had. add it all up, and it comes to about 1,100 bucks for Nationals. if a Regional event, then a little less but the price per gallon sure drives up the cost even at a sub 400 mile trip. the costs are real, and i find it amazing the money part of is even interjected.

Ronnie
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

February 5th, 2011, 4:09 pm #9

As it is a huge tragedy to have the two(and their scores) mixed in the same class.

Regards,

Tony

February 5th, 2011, 4:15 pm #10

I don't understand how a clarification question on the new 12x setting rule turned into wanting to totally rewrite the hunter class rules. I thought this week was dedicated to ironing out the PFT rules.

The only change I would like to see is separate HFT PCP & HFT piston classes. We break them down at our club and also did it when we hosted the 2008 & 2009 NERFTC. Other than that I am happy with the way they are now. I personally don't care if the guy next to me has a scope/hubble telescope that cost more than my entire setup or if his rifle cost more than I make in 2 months.

As far as growing the sport, I have no answer, other than it may take a grassroots effort. A couple of us have a table at a local gun show tomorrow with the sole purpose of trying to promote field target at our club. We'll see what happens. Hopefully we can get some new shooters and make them feel at home.
or bigger house,car, or rifle and scope. it is the american way. when competing against a Styer LG110 AZ ($6,000) up against my S400 Air Arms, i do not care. what that tells me is that i need to work harder and get one if i think it will improve my game. the fact is, practice does the trick and everyone knows you can't buy a game. learning how to tune a gun is key. it comes down to the shooter otherwise i would not have beaten 65 percent of the open class at Nationals in 09 with my sub 12 fpe rifle shooting IC (WFTF). that was my first year competing. i feel i have become a better shot since then.

we are not playing for bars of gold.
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President