Hey guys, merry christmas i got a CFX

Hey guys, merry christmas i got a CFX

December 25th, 2006, 7:40 pm #1

hey, my scope slid back an inch and a half after like 30 shot, i dont want to drill any holes or anything, how do i stop this?

December 25th, 2006, 8:37 pm #2

You should get an solid integral scope mount such as an Accushot mount. They are not expensive and hold scopes very well. http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/acces ... ory_id=805 Just make sure you get the right height and scope tube diameter size.
They also have a scope stop pin which can be used in one of the scope stop holes on the rail of the gun. Scope shouldn't budge after tightening one of these down to the rail.

December 25th, 2006, 10:30 pm #3

hey, my scope slid back an inch and a half after like 30 shot, i dont want to drill any holes or anything, how do i stop this?
<P>Congratulations on the new CFX.</P>
<P>Is the scope sliding in the mounts or is the scope sliding on the scope rail, and do you have the scope stop that came with the rifle mounted correctly and TIGHT.</P>
<P>Sliding scopes are not that hard to stop with two peice mounts, you must clean the dovetails on the rifle to remove all oil and gunk, clean the oil and gunk fro the scope mount grooves. Install the scope useing a dab of lock tite on the rails and also on the scope stop, lock it down and give it 24hrs to set and it should cure the problem. </P>
<P>I use&nbsp;$7.99 dollar&nbsp;two piece B Square mounts&nbsp;on 90% of my rifle and they haven't moved as yet.&nbsp;B Square utility mounts can be have at Gander Mountian for $9.99 or at a&nbsp;Dunhams Sports for $7.99. Most all the mounts will work if mounted correctly. The B Square mounts come in low/medium/and high versions to fit varied scope objective lens sizes.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>

http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin/index.html/

December 26th, 2006, 3:34 am #4

the scope sliding on the scope rail is my problem, i emailed gamo about missing a scope stop in my gun box, do you think they'll send me one?

do you have a picture of one?

Hey does anyone know what to do about crimping pellets in the rotary breach?

but otherwise this gun shoots like burritos!(GREAT)

December 26th, 2006, 3:52 am #5

The technique I've become accustomed to is: after placing the pellet mostly into the breach opening, I use the back of my fingernail to push it all the way in. It seems that the curve and hardness of the fingernail gets the pellet seated "home" and avoids crimping of the skirt when the rotary breach is closed.

December 26th, 2006, 5:44 am #6

the scope sliding on the scope rail is my problem, i emailed gamo about missing a scope stop in my gun box, do you think they'll send me one?

<P>Look the box over carefully&nbsp;they are stapled to the box most of the time.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>

http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin/index.html/

December 26th, 2006, 6:34 pm #7

Be prepared to email or fax a copy of your reciept. They left mine out of the box also.

December 27th, 2006, 11:11 am #8

My CFX was crimping every pellet unless I pushed pellets right into the bore with a piece of dowell. I found that the rotary breech was turning a few degrees past the "breech full open" position. Open the breech, face it to a light source and look down the barrel from the muzzle, to check if it is all concentric. On mine, I removed the plastic thumb lever from the breech (don't lose the little square spring) and epoxied a thin (+/- 1/32") piece of plastic under button part of the lever as a stop for the breech. Now when the breech opens, it is fully concentric with the bore and pellets are easy to insert fully, with a fingertip.

December 28th, 2006, 6:53 pm #9

it seems like you just made it turn less, not stop smashing pellets.

January 1st, 2007, 7:50 pm #10

Victor; Yes, I have made the breech turn a little less, so now it opens fully. Looking down the barrel, it is like a full moon, rather than one day before or after.

Now I can insert the pellets fully into the barrel with only my finger, so they are not now getting clipped. Before adding the little bit of plastic as a stop, the breech was going past the fully open position, the pellets were not entering fully into the barrel and were standing slightly proud. Then on closing the breech, they were being clipped.

Sorry, it's hard to put into words, but I hope this clarifies it for you.