Hey Bill P and Ed C are you guys going to the Nationals?....

Hey Bill P and Ed C are you guys going to the Nationals?....

September 27th, 2011, 12:51 am #1

I know you guys are a little disadvantaged with those springer setups but I'm sure you would have a good time and I'll root for you too! Would love to see you chaps again!

-bp

September 27th, 2011, 1:37 am #2

it's all pretty much down the (financial) tubes right now. things are so tight i couldn't even come up with the entrance fee. let alone the money for a case of spaghetti-Os. and i'm down to my last box of CPLs. next year may be better.

someday you might catch me looking up an old coast guard buddy in millinocket (if they have any roads up that way) and i'll be sure to look you up and we'll go and shoot black flies and go to the clambake in old orchard beach.

oh - wait--the black fly is your state bird, isn't it? probably a protected species. same as when i lived in new hamster.

-bp

September 27th, 2011, 2:03 am #3

and we'll get together. I have a grandaughter in Memphis so I'm dropping my wife off there before I drive 5 hours back to Pulaski. Millinocet is about 250 mile north of me. Been pretty slow up that way since most of the paper mills have closed down. Very familar with the Clambake in OO but there is a seafood place about 25 miles west of me near the N.H border that is better than the CB and Captain Newwicks.

P.S The Black fly is Northern Maine Bird. In the South its the Crow. LOL!
Last edited by dayjd on September 27th, 2011, 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 27th, 2011, 7:39 am #4

I know you guys are a little disadvantaged with those springer setups but I'm sure you would have a good time and I'll root for you too! Would love to see you chaps again!
I enjoyed the "Nats" last year but after seeing the hft "equipment roster" for this year I took the coins I was saving and the wife and I spent the week at Surf City, NC fishing for spots from the pier. Perhaps some other time IF I can gather together sufficient Social IN-Security and handyman coin.

My wife with a "spot" at the Surf City Pier, NC......

September 27th, 2011, 10:29 am #5

I would expect AFFTA to address this issue soon. I sure will be plugging it at the Nationals. Glad to see you doing something with the other half. Sometimes us boys (At heart) just don't do that enough.

-bp

September 27th, 2011, 4:39 pm #6

I enjoyed the "Nats" last year but after seeing the hft "equipment roster" for this year I took the coins I was saving and the wife and I spent the week at Surf City, NC fishing for spots from the pier. Perhaps some other time IF I can gather together sufficient Social IN-Security and handyman coin.

My wife with a "spot" at the Surf City Pier, NC......
all we gotta do is float the targets on little rafts and tether them to an anchor. shooting from the pier should give lots of 'downhill shot' practice.

one side of the pier could be for springers, the other side for PCP

be still my heart!

time to make some flounder targets

-bp

September 27th, 2011, 5:53 pm #7

I would expect AFFTA to address this issue soon. I sure will be plugging it at the Nationals. Glad to see you doing something with the other half. Sometimes us boys (At heart) just don't do that enough.
Yes....I agree! nt

September 27th, 2011, 5:55 pm #8

all we gotta do is float the targets on little rafts and tether them to an anchor. shooting from the pier should give lots of 'downhill shot' practice.

one side of the pier could be for springers, the other side for PCP

be still my heart!

time to make some flounder targets

-bp
shark and crab targets!