Help reducing the power on an LG100 AZ and EV2 Korick mk2

Help reducing the power on an LG100 AZ and EV2 Korick mk2

February 3rd, 2018, 6:24 pm #1

Ok so I have an LG100AZ - Bumble Bee yellow with the barley twist barrel - set up by AZ to shoot at 18ft lbs.

What do I need to do to it to get it shooting at 11.5 ft lbs for WFTF ?

Am I correct in thinking a softer hammer spring and a reduced threaded port screw might get me to where I want to be ?

and the same question applies to my EV2 mk2 ... also an 18ft lb open FT gun, it has a Korick regulator installed as well as the big longer HW barrel - from what i've read on line there is a breech velocity adjustment screw I can fiddle with and then also adjusting the hammer spring adjustment ... I do have the original AA 12ft lb barrel to put back on , it's shorter length will likely be better suited to WFTF shooting.

Have any of you attempted this successfully ?

If so any pointers would be much appreciated.

My concern is that both rifles are regulated to shoot at a higher power output and without installing a new lower powered regulator I might be simply chasing my tail .... thoughts ?

Cheers all.

James B

[url[/img][/url]

[url[/img][/url]

February 3rd, 2018, 10:00 pm #2

I have 2 LG100’s converted to 12 ft lbs. They only required a reg change. Jim Stanis at Precision used to have them. Then use power adjuster to tweek it.
The barley twist is a good barrel and 12 lbs shoots so smooth with AZ compensator you’d think it was a laser. the gun doesn’t move. You might want to try some sort of compensator, the new Steyr one is nice .

Greg

February 5th, 2018, 7:21 am #3

Appreciate the advice !