Help needed regarding carrying airguns from Seattle to NY

Help needed regarding carrying airguns from Seattle to NY

September 9th, 2017, 12:52 pm #1

In fact one of my friends has to pick two airguns from Seattle and then along with guns he has to fly to NY. Later after some days he has to bring these pcp airguns out of US.

He has to fly from NY while leaving US.

Since we don't know the laws and regulations of various states of US, I request the forum members who could advice us in this respect.

Will there be any issues for flying with pcps from Seattle to NY?

Will there be any issues for flying from NY to some other country while keeping airguns in checked in baggage in dismantled state?

Thanks dears

I wait for helpful input.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur

September 9th, 2017, 1:09 pm #2

Wow. Two of the most non-gunfriendly states on the same trip. Good luck. I'm sure you'll get some good tips on this forum.

September 9th, 2017, 5:09 pm #3

In fact one of my friends has to pick two airguns from Seattle and then along with guns he has to fly to NY. Later after some days he has to bring these pcp airguns out of US.

Since we don't know the laws and regulations of various states of US, I request the forum members who could advice us in this respect.

Will there be any issues for flying from NY to some other country while keeping airguns in checked in baggage in dismantled state?

Thanks dears

Regards,

Umair Bhaur
Call the airline...they will answer all your questions...

September 9th, 2017, 5:55 pm #4

Thanks dears

Regards,

Umair Bhaur
Might actually be easier and cheaper.

September 10th, 2017, 1:40 am #5

Thanks dears

Regards,

Umair Bhaur
I like the idea of shipping them rather than personally transporting them on the airways. That's just me. Seems like less of a headache waiting to happen.

September 10th, 2017, 5:40 am #6

Thanks dears

Regards,

Umair Bhaur
Airguns are illegal in NYC but if the guns remain in locked cases within the baggage system they can transfer onto other flights. However I doubt the airlines will extend the courtesy of holding your guns any longer than necessary and even if they did, you would risking theft from baggage handling employees. Also each airline will have slightly different rules and definitions.

You may have to consult multiple experts and if you do get an official ruling be sure to get it in writing to show everyone else who will harass you.... I bet you are far better off shipping them separately.

September 10th, 2017, 7:46 am #7

My friend will be staying in new Jersey. We are thinking to ship them to Virginia if the laws are friendly there and from there we can collect them and go back to new Jersey via road. Please note that the airgun will be totally disassembled in parts. From there he will catch his flight from JFK airport.

September 10th, 2017, 4:59 pm #8

airguns are classified as firearms in NJ and are regulated as such. NJ is actually far more gun intolerant , including air guns than NY (NYC excluded)