Hello

Hello

August 19th, 2007, 12:31 am #1

Just got hooked up an wanted to say hy to all you guys. I have been silently reading this board for quite a bit and because of it recently got me a new CFX. Am loving it. I just need more practice those sparrows are pretty small. I think I need try a few more different pellets as all I'm getting is feathers and no birds. Keep up good work all.

August 19th, 2007, 1:43 am #2

they are realy accurate in gamos and with a chest shot they will drop on the spot.

August 19th, 2007, 10:56 am #3

Thanks I'll give those a try. I was using CPL's when sparrows took off and left there feathers.Have you ever seen any downloadable sparrow targets that I could practice on. These birds are very wary and having hard time getting closer than 30 yrds I guess because of the misses.

August 19th, 2007, 12:52 pm #4

hey dude, whenever i surf the net and i always bookmark intersting things, my airgun bookmark folder has about 30 sites, anyway one of which is:

<a href="http://www.kermitairgunclub.com/targets/</a" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.kermitairgunclub.com/targets/</a>

im sure you can find your sparrow target in there among MANY others. i would shoot plain round targets the same size as sparrow's kill zone, then switch over. 2 reasons, 1st you'll see and can better adjust your shots with grid lines. second, you wont waste paper and ink.

Also, try these pellets: RWS superdome, JSB exact light, etc Beeman kodiak.
If you have a gamo, pellets with grain values around 8 +/-.3 are excellent.
Both my gamo S1K and CFX perform superbly with these. I dont like the CP light that much, too dirty, a bit big in the bore, and just not perfect (molding leftovers running on the sides and head). This may affect accuracy that i experienced.

enjoy
Last edited by kryptoniterxn117 on August 19th, 2007, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 21st, 2007, 8:26 pm #5

Just got hooked up an wanted to say hy to all you guys. I have been silently reading this board for quite a bit and because of it recently got me a new CFX. Am loving it. I just need more practice those sparrows are pretty small. I think I need try a few more different pellets as all I'm getting is feathers and no birds. Keep up good work all.
Try CP Hollow Points... They are the best shooters in my .177 CFX. They are cheap too and may be found at wally mart occasionally.