Heavier PRod hammer spring options?

Heavier PRod hammer spring options?

May 6th, 2013, 12:25 am #1

Ok Guys,

I know you guys have been playing with these things since they came out, and I've seen numerous posts about hammer springs. Mine just doesn't have enough tension to do much at 3000psi with the settings maxed out...I get two mags before the speed starts to pick up significantly and the shot curve starts...so I'm looking to up the spring pressure to utilize the pressure better.......if you guys can provide some good data, and information on available springs I'd appreciate it.

s/f

Jamie

May 6th, 2013, 2:10 pm #2

The best strong spring option I have found so far is the disco spring.

HTH
Rick C.

May 6th, 2013, 7:48 pm #3

Ok Guys,

I know you guys have been playing with these things since they came out, and I've seen numerous posts about hammer springs. Mine just doesn't have enough tension to do much at 3000psi with the settings maxed out...I get two mags before the speed starts to pick up significantly and the shot curve starts...so I'm looking to up the spring pressure to utilize the pressure better.......if you guys can provide some good data, and information on available springs I'd appreciate it.

s/f

Jamie
sells a .047 5/16" spring for $1.00 . I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it will be stout enough. They also sell a .040 5/16" spring that is softer. That one will cost you at least $0.60. I splurged on both.

May 7th, 2013, 1:15 am #4

Ok Guys,

s/f

Jamie
mark in mass

May 10th, 2013, 4:56 pm #5

Ok Guys,

s/f

Jamie
- Stock spring is 0.035 wire, 5/16 Dia by about 1.5"

- Discovery Spring is 0.035 wire, 5/16 dia by about 1.75", (provides more preload) This is a good option if not planning other mods.

- 0.041 spring, 5/16 dia, cut to same length as stock, insert 1 small brass washer in hammer slot to prevent galling of cut end, make sure allen wrench for travel adj can clear inside of washer, this worked the best for me, using bstaley 0-ring mod and larger transfer ports, and fill pressure to 3100psi. Purchased at local H/W store for 69 cents.

- 0.045 or larger diameter wire starts do jam in hammer slot when spring compressed, hard cocking, did not get additional performance, but didn't try pressures above 3100psi.
Last edited by FuzzyGrub1 on May 10th, 2013, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.