Have you even completed a mechanically simple project, and still felt the need to test it

Have you even completed a mechanically simple project, and still felt the need to test it

March 15th, 2012, 5:54 pm #1

for proof of concept?? we have basements here, and a building that i work at had a racoon break in recently , so the dryer vents need to be arranged in a strange fashion.this pic was taken while the dryer was on.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

this is the most unconventional solution being used,i simply duplicated what i thought the original design was, when i got there all the 20 yr old parts were all over, so i simply inferred what the design had been.I was finished yesterday, but went back to make sure the vent opened today, i knew it would but wanted to see it for myself . weird, i know.

[/IMG]

<span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;text-transform:none;color:#000000;">"i never was much for book learnin"</span>
Last edited by robnewyork on March 15th, 2012, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 15th, 2012, 6:34 pm #2

to keep the rodents out,but make sure the lent has no problems getting out.I read somewhere that lent buildup causes many fires....now please Rob to not think 2 much,it is bad 4 U,LOL.....
Last edited by boscoebrea on March 15th, 2012, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 15th, 2012, 6:39 pm #3

You mean like welding a jack handle to QB3? LOL Tom

March 15th, 2012, 6:41 pm #4

to keep the rodents out,but make sure the lent has no problems getting out.I read somewhere that lent buildup causes many fires....now please Rob to not think 2 much,it is bad 4 U,LOL.....
so the wire mesh would be good , but might stop too much lint.

<span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;text-transform:none;color:#000000;">"i never was much for book learnin"</span>

March 15th, 2012, 6:43 pm #5

You mean like welding a jack handle to QB3? LOL Tom
gun I had since 99, and me and buddy chin thought it would be cool to have a knarled grip! So off we went to the welder!

Last edited by robnewyork on March 15th, 2012, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 15th, 2012, 7:00 pm #6

so the wire mesh would be good , but might stop too much lint.

It might help to take classes in welding.LOL Tom

March 15th, 2012, 7:04 pm #7

We were 18, i think my buddy is better now (not much) Our friend who went to school for welding does amazing work, it looks like a robot made the weld.

March 15th, 2012, 11:30 pm #8

for proof of concept?? we have basements here, and a building that i work at had a racoon break in recently , so the dryer vents need to be arranged in a strange fashion.this pic was taken while the dryer was on.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

this is the most unconventional solution being used,i simply duplicated what i thought the original design was, when i got there all the 20 yr old parts were all over, so i simply inferred what the design had been.I was finished yesterday, but went back to make sure the vent opened today, i knew it would but wanted to see it for myself . weird, i know.

[/IMG]

I don't think that type of flex pipe is the right stuff to use. I believe it's only good for bathroom venting. You can use the all metal flex pipe with out melting or fire problems but... any flex pipe slows down exhaust too much and the dryer won't be efficient and drying times may double or it may not dry at all.

March 15th, 2012, 11:32 pm #9

that is a good point, I did use straight metal vent pipe
Last edited by boscoebrea on March 15th, 2012, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 15th, 2012, 11:35 pm #10

I don't think that type of flex pipe is the right stuff to use. I believe it's only good for bathroom venting. You can use the all metal flex pipe with out melting or fire problems but... any flex pipe slows down exhaust too much and the dryer won't be efficient and drying times may double or it may not dry at all.