Have a laugh on me. Disco conversion

Have a laugh on me. Disco conversion

December 23rd, 2009, 2:24 am #1

I have to share with you guys a senior moment. I built a 2260 HPA gun with Disco parts including the cap. I assembled the 2260 tube with disco internals first. So I laid it on the bench and the next time I looked the cap was off. So I said to myself, why did you not put the cap on after you filled it. Well a few days later still waiting for the rest of the parts I went to the work shop and the cap was off again. I said to myself you dummy you left the cap off again. So I put it back on and chalked it up to a senior moment. We'll the parts came in and I finished the rifle and put it in the rack. The next day I found the cap off again laying right next to the rifle on the rack. I once again admonished myself for being forgetful. Deep down in my mind I did not think I could have left the cap off that many times but I put it aside.

Ok so today after I completed the finishing touches on the rifle I walked by it on the rack and as I looked at it the cap popped off. Well I new then that I was not crazy but now I have the answer. A small leak in the fill connection causes the cap to blow off. The leak was not a problem but knowing that I was not loseing it was huge.

Jeff Schock
WB9ZPO

December 23rd, 2009, 2:30 am #2

Nothing worse than objects messin with your mind.

December 23rd, 2009, 4:19 pm #3

I have to share with you guys a senior moment. I built a 2260 HPA gun with Disco parts including the cap. I assembled the 2260 tube with disco internals first. So I laid it on the bench and the next time I looked the cap was off. So I said to myself, why did you not put the cap on after you filled it. Well a few days later still waiting for the rest of the parts I went to the work shop and the cap was off again. I said to myself you dummy you left the cap off again. So I put it back on and chalked it up to a senior moment. We'll the parts came in and I finished the rifle and put it in the rack. The next day I found the cap off again laying right next to the rifle on the rack. I once again admonished myself for being forgetful. Deep down in my mind I did not think I could have left the cap off that many times but I put it aside.

Ok so today after I completed the finishing touches on the rifle I walked by it on the rack and as I looked at it the cap popped off. Well I new then that I was not crazy but now I have the answer. A small leak in the fill connection causes the cap to blow off. The leak was not a problem but knowing that I was not loseing it was huge.

Jeff Schock
WB9ZPO
while working at the bench..ROFL!

December 24th, 2009, 1:56 am #4

Jeff Schock
WB9ZPO
That's too funny. Thanks for sharing.

December 24th, 2009, 6:05 am #5

Jeff Schock
WB9ZPO
it's folklore. the mic-mac indians called the 'bulugabious' or some kind of wierd word. they're kinda like gremlins only they operate between the units of time that you and i live in. have you ever placed something somewhere - you absolutely KNOW you put it there, and now it's gone. you go and accuse everyone and raise hell about it, still no progress. you finally give up on it and that's when you find it right where you left it. time warp, man....brain warp.... i put a sectoin of a ball pointpoint click pen's spring under that screw head that seals off the foster nipple. it's keeping it closed - even at low pressures.