Has anyone used a Benjamin Marauder on CO2?

August 14th, 2017, 8:15 pm #1

How much slower does it shoot on CO2?

CO2 is famous for being effected by heat. How accurate is the gun on CO2?

I'm asking because I have a MRod, but I'm trying to do something for my brouther. He is 75 and can't really handle a break barrel that is in the speed range needed to kill the big rats in Floridia. Is there any other choice of guns that can run on CO2 and throw a 10 g pellet up in the 900 fps area?

Oh, and a dealer told me you have to use liquid CO2 in the MRod. That is easy enough to do by just turning the tank upside down, but it seems like a very ad idea. In paintball guns, we work very hard to keep liquid CO2 out of the guns so the valves don't freeze up. Again, dose anyone have first hand experience with this?

August 15th, 2017, 2:49 pm #2

the M'rod can be made to work well with co2. The way it comes from the factory the trans port in the valve and up are fairly small for the gun to be at it's best using co2 for power. A better bet for bulk fill co2 would be the Disco.

As for filling, you always strive to get the max amount of liquid into the tube.
So if using P/B tanks to fill it would be neck down and the rifle butt stock to the floor.
And best if the rifle tube is colder than the fill tank.

One last thing as far as power goes, co2 tends to like .22 better than .177.
I've had modified .22 cal QB's shoot @ 800fps. With a bit of modification most .22 rifles can do 750fps on co2.

August 19th, 2017, 4:19 pm #3

How much slower does it shoot on CO2?

CO2 is famous for being effected by heat. How accurate is the gun on CO2?

I'm asking because I have a MRod, but I'm trying to do something for my brouther. He is 75 and can't really handle a break barrel that is in the speed range needed to kill the big rats in Floridia. Is there any other choice of guns that can run on CO2 and throw a 10 g pellet up in the 900 fps area?

Oh, and a dealer told me you have to use liquid CO2 in the MRod. That is easy enough to do by just turning the tank upside down, but it seems like a very ad idea. In paintball guns, we work very hard to keep liquid CO2 out of the guns so the valves don't freeze up. Again, dose anyone have first hand experience with this?
Big and heavy.Disco would be better, it's a much handier gun, and set up for lower pressure. A QB would be a good choice, as would a Hammerlli 850 magnum( its a repeater, but need mods to take a paintball tank)

Well set up, a co2 gun will run at good rat killing power from 50 to 90 degrees F. Tune for moderate power, in the 650-700 fps range in .22

I have all four guns, for rat service the modded 850 is the best gun, for everything else, its the QB(best trigger and overall feel)

February 20th, 2018, 9:53 pm #4

"A QB would be a good choice," Beeman QB78? How do you get that much power? I had thought of a QB78 for starling and English sparrows. Tin cans too.