Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10

Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10

August 10th, 2011, 5:41 pm #1

So, I'm considering one of these, anyone have a review of this gun, as there seems to be a lack of reviews. I did search here, and found a couple of good comments, but no full run through. So anybody have one, and how is the build, functionality, grouping, performance. You know the basics before one spends their cash on it.
Thanks in advance,

Casey

August 10th, 2011, 5:47 pm #2

Fit and finish on a poor chinese level, steel tubes prone to rust, very agricultural to operate, quite good accuracy, cheap to buy. Some are better some are worse.

They are sold in large numbers here in Europe under the Hatsan AT-44 brand, go for the BT-65 instead. They have LW barrel and alu alloy tube.

http://airpang.bloggplatsen.se/

August 10th, 2011, 6:10 pm #3

... but am not really into repeaters; prefer single shots.  But smoothing one out, getting the rough edges off, and fiddling around with it for consistency and accuracy sounds like it might be a good project for the fall.

August 10th, 2011, 6:10 pm #4

So, I'm considering one of these, anyone have a review of this gun, as there seems to be a lack of reviews. I did search here, and found a couple of good comments, but no full run through. So anybody have one, and how is the build, functionality, grouping, performance. You know the basics before one spends their cash on it.
Thanks in advance,

Casey
very well made, good fit and finish and accurate! loves JSB pellets both 16 and 18 grainers. Does pretty good with Crosman Premier HP from the tin as well.

IMO it is a great value especially at about one third the cost of the airgun they 'resemble'.

Like mine well enough to get a second in .25 cal ordered, paid for and should get it mid September.

Will get a pic of a sweet 25 yard group from yesterday.

Walter....

August 10th, 2011, 6:15 pm #5

... but am not really into repeaters; prefer single shots.  But smoothing one out, getting the rough edges off, and fiddling around with it for consistency and accuracy sounds like it might be a good project for the fall.
mine is indeed the single shot and contrary to Johnny Sweden the rifle is well finished and very well made.

Get the AT44 single shot with a walnut stock, Fantastic bargain!

Walter....

[/IMG]

August 10th, 2011, 6:48 pm #6

Thanks in advance,

Casey
I have a Hatsan At44W (the Pneuma is the same gun w/a synthetic stock and a different name) in 25 caliber; I prefer the single-shot also. The stock is as well finished as a Katana or Mrod and the blued metal work is definitely better. The receiver is not steel and is not quite as well done as the barrel, but is not bad.

Accuracy is excellent with ammo it likes. The trigger is not in the same class as the Mrod but the current triggers are pretty decent - better than Gamo or Chinese springers.

I cannot comment on the quality problems with guns in Europe but the ones being sold in the USA now are well made, especially for the cost.

Paul in Liberty County

August 10th, 2011, 7:01 pm #7

mine is so find it quite good.

Walter....

August 10th, 2011, 7:09 pm #8

Thanks in advance,

Casey
Good rifle for the money but overall quality is what you would expect for that price.

August 10th, 2011, 7:41 pm #9

mine is so find it quite good.

Walter....
I got it just this May, so it should be a Quattro trigger. Definitely different and better than my HaleStorm from two years ago.

Paul in Liberty County

August 10th, 2011, 8:00 pm #10

Thanks in advance,

Casey
I greatly appreciate the feedback. I am still interested in the repeater, as I have several single shot rifles, and have yet to own a repeater. This just seems like a value when compared to the M-Rod, but again I have not owned one of those either. Currently have several Crosman 22xx builds, a Gamo, was my starter gun, and my current favorite a 22 cal Talon SS. So again thank you for all the comments, and please any others who would like to chime in please do.

Casey