guys , i need a gun shot to wake up for 4am shifts !!!!!!! help! my alarm clocks are weak!

guys , i need a gun shot to wake up for 4am shifts !!!!!!! help! my alarm clocks are weak!

April 13th, 2012, 11:32 am #1

i need a 10-22 to go off, or an air horn , or be electricuted,. I DONT CARE IF SOMESHONE PUNCHES ME IN THE FACE, I NEED TO WAKE UP ON AS LITTLE AS 3 HRS SLEEP AND POTENTIALLY BUZZED,.,,, i hate goin to sleep scared ill be late..!!!!!!!! any advice will help!!!!!!!!

<span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;text-transform:none;color:#000000;">"i never was much for book learnin"</span>
Last edited by robnewyork on April 13th, 2012, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 13th, 2012, 12:14 pm #2

You can always go to bed earlier, right? By waking up buzzed, do you mean you go to bed intoxicated? C'mon, Rob. For all of us, don't do that. In fact, I personally have arrested intoxicated drivers claiming the same scenario. They went to bed the night before after a night of clubing, still legally intoxicated above the .08 limit driving to work the next morning.

If you are someone, like me, who is up all hours of the night, 2-3am, and has to get up at 6am, changing your bedtime immediately doesn't work. What works is this: Will take two weeks to condition the body, but works. Go to bed 15 minutes earlier every other night than that the nights prior. By the two week point, your body is getting in the sync of an earlier bedtime.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

April 13th, 2012, 12:16 pm #3

i need a 10-22 to go off, or an air horn , or be electricuted,. I DONT CARE IF SOMESHONE PUNCHES ME IN THE FACE, I NEED TO WAKE UP ON AS LITTLE AS 3 HRS SLEEP AND POTENTIALLY BUZZED,.,,, i hate goin to sleep scared ill be late..!!!!!!!! any advice will help!!!!!!!!

<span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;text-transform:none;color:#000000;">"i never was much for book learnin"</span>
When I started to college I had a 7:00 am class. I had to get up early and hadn't learned to go to bed early yet. I missed class several times until I bought a super loud alarm clock and put it far enough away from me that I had to get up to turn it off. My room mate hated it.

A guy that worked for a local radio station was getting to work late for the early show so his co-workers bought him a car alarm clock. When the alarm goes off the car takes off racing across the room. When it hits something, it takes off in another direction. The guy had to get out of bed and chase it down to turn it off. Apparently it was loud enough not to be ignored. I can just imagine the guy stumbling out of bed, awkward as you are when you first stand up, and trying to chase that thing down.

Now, I just go to be early. I am usually in bed by 8:30 and asleep by 9:00 or 9:30. It makes getting up at 5:30 a lot easier.

David Enoch

Last edited by DavidEnoch on April 13th, 2012, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 13th, 2012, 1:18 pm #4

You can always go to bed earlier, right? By waking up buzzed, do you mean you go to bed intoxicated? C'mon, Rob. For all of us, don't do that. In fact, I personally have arrested intoxicated drivers claiming the same scenario. They went to bed the night before after a night of clubing, still legally intoxicated above the .08 limit driving to work the next morning.

If you are someone, like me, who is up all hours of the night, 2-3am, and has to get up at 6am, changing your bedtime immediately doesn't work. What works is this: Will take two weeks to condition the body, but works. Go to bed 15 minutes earlier every other night than that the nights prior. By the two week point, your body is getting in the sync of an earlier bedtime.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."
Its more like 1am bedtime and normally 7 am wakeup..sometimes 4 am..no clubbing..more like nightcap.

April 13th, 2012, 1:20 pm #5

When I started to college I had a 7:00 am class. I had to get up early and hadn't learned to go to bed early yet. I missed class several times until I bought a super loud alarm clock and put it far enough away from me that I had to get up to turn it off. My room mate hated it.

A guy that worked for a local radio station was getting to work late for the early show so his co-workers bought him a car alarm clock. When the alarm goes off the car takes off racing across the room. When it hits something, it takes off in another direction. The guy had to get out of bed and chase it down to turn it off. Apparently it was loud enough not to be ignored. I can just imagine the guy stumbling out of bed, awkward as you are when you first stand up, and trying to chase that thing down.

Now, I just go to be early. I am usually in bed by 8:30 and asleep by 9:00 or 9:30. It makes getting up at 5:30 a lot easier.

David Enoch

So even midnight bedtime seems unrealistic..the alarm idea across the room sounds good. I can function 100 percent on 5 hours.

April 13th, 2012, 1:29 pm #6

This is what I wake up to every morning at 05:30. and when my son James calls me on my cell phone. That way I know it's him. He is about 8 1/2 ahead of California time. Turn up the volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83ozOX9l ... re=related

April 13th, 2012, 1:36 pm #7

April 13th, 2012, 1:41 pm #8

Its more like 1am bedtime and normally 7 am wakeup..sometimes 4 am..no clubbing..more like nightcap.

The main concern being under the influence when waking up. Alcohol being a barbiturate, confuses the naturally occuring chemicals in the brain. Alcohol also supresses the central nervous system.

The stuff is poision, quite literally. Hence when it is consmed why we feel intoxicated. The body metabolizes the ingredients it can, but the alcohol itself cannot be digested. Instead, alcohol is absorbed by tissue/organs and is put directly into the blood stream.

April 13th, 2012, 1:47 pm #9

surely has an endless supply south of her lap , vary dosage untill you get desired results , guaranteed to work if administered correctly for a sound night's sleep . she should also have an eye opener on the topside north of her neck , works everytime.

Life , this one and one more . . . . .
Last edited by ralphy101again on April 13th, 2012, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 13th, 2012, 1:48 pm #10

The main concern being under the influence when waking up. Alcohol being a barbiturate, confuses the naturally occuring chemicals in the brain. Alcohol also supresses the central nervous system.

The stuff is poision, quite literally. Hence when it is consmed why we feel intoxicated. The body metabolizes the ingredients it can, but the alcohol itself cannot be digested. Instead, alcohol is absorbed by tissue/organs and is put directly into the blood stream.

Die hard.new job so its an adjustment phase.