Got some trigger time with new Disco today

Got some trigger time with new Disco today

September 24th, 2010, 1:13 am #1

I'm awaiting the arrival of a fitting so I can use the Hill pump I bought just for this rifle. In the meantime, I went to Wally World and picked up an airsource tank and used a coily remote I have to hook it up to my rifle. Not the most economical means, but, trigger time is trigger time, I guess.

First impressions, well, after shooting mostly HW springers almost exclusively for quite some time now, I'd have to say I really like this rifle. It's lightweight and easy to maneuver, and the recoiless shooting is a big plus. Not having to hold the rifle a certain way, read hold sensitivity, is a huge bonus. I only shot it with the supplied open sights at very close range, but, that type of shooting is better than none.

At this time, I don't know if I'll make any changes at all to the rifle. Maybe scope it for hunting but that's about it. It's louder than my springers and sure to be much louder once I can charge it with the pump. And the trigger is a bit heavy, but still breaks predictably. But I don't see anything bad enough to warrant messing with it. Think I'll just shoot it a few hundred times and see how things develop.

-TKM-

September 24th, 2010, 1:22 am #2

"Think I'll just shoot it a few hundred times and see how things develop."

Might be the wisest single sentence posted here in months.

May not be louder with higher pressure fills. Have noticed mine gets louder as the pressure decreases past a certain point. With high pressure, the gun seems to use a small "blip" of air. With lower pressures it seems to use a longer "burrrrrp". even at about the same velocity, the higher pressure shots tend to be a bit quieter than the lower pressure ones.

But bare-barreled, they are still loud compared to springers.

September 24th, 2010, 2:42 am #3

I'm awaiting the arrival of a fitting so I can use the Hill pump I bought just for this rifle. In the meantime, I went to Wally World and picked up an airsource tank and used a coily remote I have to hook it up to my rifle. Not the most economical means, but, trigger time is trigger time, I guess.

First impressions, well, after shooting mostly HW springers almost exclusively for quite some time now, I'd have to say I really like this rifle. It's lightweight and easy to maneuver, and the recoiless shooting is a big plus. Not having to hold the rifle a certain way, read hold sensitivity, is a huge bonus. I only shot it with the supplied open sights at very close range, but, that type of shooting is better than none.

At this time, I don't know if I'll make any changes at all to the rifle. Maybe scope it for hunting but that's about it. It's louder than my springers and sure to be much louder once I can charge it with the pump. And the trigger is a bit heavy, but still breaks predictably. But I don't see anything bad enough to warrant messing with it. Think I'll just shoot it a few hundred times and see how things develop.

-TKM-
C02 before you pump with that pump. 02 and air, they dont work too well together.

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

September 24th, 2010, 3:05 pm #4

"Think I'll just shoot it a few hundred times and see how things develop."

Might be the wisest single sentence posted here in months.

May not be louder with higher pressure fills. Have noticed mine gets louder as the pressure decreases past a certain point. With high pressure, the gun seems to use a small "blip" of air. With lower pressures it seems to use a longer "burrrrrp". even at about the same velocity, the higher pressure shots tend to be a bit quieter than the lower pressure ones.

But bare-barreled, they are still loud compared to springers.
If you shoot it down to about 1000 psi and then dry fire it you will be able to hear the bounce.
I have a heavy spring to put in and have been thinking about taking a coil off to reduce the pressure and reduce the bounce.

I have a debouncer and it still bounces.

I LOVE critters.......with gravy!