Got a Nikko question about the latest version of the 10-50

Got a Nikko question about the latest version of the 10-50

May 12th, 2010, 3:40 am #1

Is the sidewheel that comes with it big enough to clearly mark most yardages for ranging. I had an early Nikko that was similar to the old BSA but I bought it second hand with a Mac1 comma on it so I never got to see if the wheel is usable or not.

I just absolutely hate hunting down aftermarket sidewheels and paying silly prices for them, so would I just be better off ordering a comma or would I be good with the stock unit?

Please excuse the spelling, yuengling lager impares my ability to type.

May 12th, 2010, 3:50 am #2

it gets kinda tight after about 35 yds. nt

May 12th, 2010, 4:17 am #3

Is the sidewheel that comes with it big enough to clearly mark most yardages for ranging. I had an early Nikko that was similar to the old BSA but I bought it second hand with a Mac1 comma on it so I never got to see if the wheel is usable or not.

I just absolutely hate hunting down aftermarket sidewheels and paying silly prices for them, so would I just be better off ordering a comma or would I be good with the stock unit?

It gets real busy with the stock wheel...get the latest MAC1 Comma OR the Big Wheel from Eric Sanders/Compufoil.com...

Hope to see your name on the Airgunning Atlanta scoreboards!

Regards,

Tony

May 12th, 2010, 4:22 am #4

Getting sick of looking through the tasco custom shop, it's just such a crappy image even if it does range good.

You like the latest version better than the older ones? I was thinking another leupold but I kinda want the variable. I have also been eye-balling the new sightron 10-50x60 which looks like it may have the same size focus knob as a TCS scope.

May 12th, 2010, 4:49 am #5

a Good Old Nikko, Black or Green Knobbed(No Turret Caps)is probably a better scope than the new ones in terms of rangefinding and magnification...

The new ones are brighter and clearer but they don't seem to have the same magnification as the older Nikko's and BSA's...50x just ain't 50x, lol...but the new ones with an aftermarket sidewheel/comma work just fine for me, no real complaints...

I'm still getting used to the new Leupold Comp 35 that I had built up, am really liking it a lot!

That new Sightron sounds promising, my only hang up is the lack of a mildot/multi-aimpoint reticle...

Regards,

Tony

May 12th, 2010, 12:36 pm #6

<p>Jon,</p><p>We've got a couple of shooters here at the GOB's that are using the comma on the Nikko's and they work fine. I have one that I haven't installed yet due to thwe fact that the large wheel I got from AZ works so well. But, someday I will go ahead and put it on and try it. One thing i like about it is the fact that it will go in a gun case so much easier than the large wheel. My Nikko is the older one and I only use 35X due to the lack of light as you go up in power. It's a real problem in the shade or on a cloudy day. Range finding and the mil-dots areĀ great on this one.</p><p>Have a good day,</p><p>Pat</p>

May 17th, 2010, 8:45 am #7

I've owned old and new Nikkos, 5" and 6" wheels, and Tim's new comma beats everything else I've tried - it's an 8" wheel where you need it most, but still allows you to use a regular rifle case. Plus,I can put a Nikko on my S410- just rotate the comma out of the way to load the magazine!

But you do have to setup every yard, as nowhere on the wheel is linear. Yes, from 10 all the way to 55 yards. But it's easy to do with the new gen scopes (I find the 3 I own to range find better than my older generation scopes) picking out 54 yard and 55 yards is possible, just set your 'rules' for rangefinding, and stick to them.

All of my new ones now have a Mac1 comma on them.

Tom
CAFTA Governor