Got a Gamo Recon yesterday

Got a Gamo Recon yesterday

September 19th, 2006, 12:40 pm #1

The Gamo Recon that I ordered at my local sports store finally came in. Nice little gun and I was really surprised at the accuracy of it right out of the box! I REALLY wished Gamo would've made a thumbhole style stock for their "full size" guns also.

Anyhooo, I noticed that this gun did not come in with the one-piece mount that was pictured on the box (or the website)...it had a two piece mount (not worth a dime, btw) and was wondering if someone may have pulled the old switch-a-roo on me, or if Gamo is now shipping them with the two piece now?

I had sent Gamo C/S and e-mail yesterday, but probably won't hear back from them.

Anyone have any info on this?
Thanks.

September 19th, 2006, 1:32 pm #2

average. Let us know what they say.

September 19th, 2006, 2:52 pm #3

The Gamo Recon that I ordered at my local sports store finally came in. Nice little gun and I was really surprised at the accuracy of it right out of the box! I REALLY wished Gamo would've made a thumbhole style stock for their "full size" guns also.

Anyhooo, I noticed that this gun did not come in with the one-piece mount that was pictured on the box (or the website)...it had a two piece mount (not worth a dime, btw) and was wondering if someone may have pulled the old switch-a-roo on me, or if Gamo is now shipping them with the two piece now?

I had sent Gamo C/S and e-mail yesterday, but probably won't hear back from them.

Thanks.
web site. Ken has bought a couple and he was impressed with the quality for $16.

Pennsylvania Pistolero
I love Iron Sights.
Kill all Venomious Reptiles.
Beeman Tripple Threat R1, R9, R7.
The CFX is an Awsome Rifle "Bar None"!
"The One Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins"
http://airgunartisans.com

September 19th, 2006, 7:23 pm #4

Thanks.
You need to look for the (TS-250 Montura Carril 1" Medium). I hope this helps.

September 19th, 2006, 9:39 pm #5

That's what I get for not being bilingual. That mount won't work because it's for a 1" dia. scope tube...this scope tube is 3/4" dia.

September 19th, 2006, 9:44 pm #6

They did respond, and pretty quickly also. I don't understand how they can advertise something and send something different, but I guess everyone is in the same boat. Funny thing is the item # they had listed is for the one piece adjustable mount which is for a scope with a 1" dia. tube, not 3/4" like the one on the Recon....maybe they want me to purchase another scope too???

Here's a copy of their response to me:

Hello Sir,

The one-piece mount setup for the Recon is not available as of yet. You can find another one-piece mount (item# 621318254) on our website at www.gamousaonline.com in the online store.

We highly recommend you to use non-permanent Loc-Tite on all your screw threads and let it cure for about 24 hours before shooting. This will help prevent your screws from loosening up from gripping the rail.

NOTE: Do not over tighten your screws as this can cause them to strip, and your rings will become loose.

We also recommend using the scope stop (part# 621317454), mounted behind your scope mount, to keep your scope in place. Remember to use Loc-Tite on these screws as well.

Thank you,

Customer Service

Gamo USA Corp.

(954) 581-5822

info@gamousa.com

September 19th, 2006, 9:48 pm #7

web site. Ken has bought a couple and he was impressed with the quality for $16.

Pennsylvania Pistolero
I love Iron Sights.
Kill all Venomious Reptiles.
Beeman Tripple Threat R1, R9, R7.
The CFX is an Awsome Rifle "Bar None"!
"The One Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins"
http://airgunartisans.com
I already have one of the Gamo adjustable one piece mounts on my .22 supreme, and one spare. I really like them as well. Problem is that they are for 1" diameter scope tubes and the Recon comes with a scope with a 3/4" dia. tube.

September 19th, 2006, 9:52 pm #8

That's what I get for not being bilingual. That mount won't work because it's for a 1" dia. scope tube...this scope tube is 3/4" dia.
To the 1" if you can. You may like it better.

September 20th, 2006, 4:46 am #9

with some loctite and the 3/4" rings they provided. That particular gun should not have as much recoil as an S1k.

September 20th, 2006, 2:01 pm #10

in case there is some type of lubrication on them. Then blue loctite the screws and see what happens first. You're right, there is not much recoil, and I was surprised that the scope had slid at all. There is what appears to be a scope stop recess hole in the top of the reciever and I had thought about using the stop. Problem is that with the stop in place, I have to move the scope that much more forward on the reciever, and since the scope is not that long to begin with, moves it too far for decent viewing.
I've been shooting this more than my own guns......did I mention that this is supposed to be for my oldest son?? he he he