Good Kill on Netflix. Worthwhile movie. Pilots, drones, Hell fire missles,

Good Kill on Netflix. Worthwhile movie. Pilots, drones, Hell fire missles,

April 9th, 2017, 11:07 pm #1

All very interesting.

April 10th, 2017, 12:48 pm #2

The hero seemed psychologically unfit for duty, and I think a supervisor might have intervened sooner. "Langley" certainly comes across as the bad guys.

But it was an interesting take on the drone war and things we don't normally see or think about.

April 10th, 2017, 1:43 pm #3

was appropriate. My intentions were only to say, "Hey, watched a pretty cool movie this Afternoon, check it out sometime." I later thought, geez, I hope no one takes it for something it wasn't meant to be. I support our Military but discussions on that subject here on OT is not the place.
So bearing that it mind, please just understand (all who watch it or have seen) that to me; it's just a cool movie that shows SOME of our technology. How cool it would be to be an F-16 pilot. That poor Guy missed real flying so much. I can't give spoilers.
I've been told by a source that knows, our Satellites can read the date of a dime on a sidewalk probably from either low, middle, or high orbit, although I'd think they'd use the low orbits for surveillance & weather, google maps & such. Ah, whatever. It kept me entertained for awhile.

April 10th, 2017, 3:01 pm #4

...you did your job.

I don't think DaveShoot was being offensive, but remember that anything that happens after the original post is the issue of the respondents.

I used to post about books I liked here. Got called a homo...something about a knitting circle.

I used to post about recipes I liked here. Got called a homo...something about a knitting circle and low T.

I used to post about guns I liked here. Got called a shill for auctions.

Point is: About 2% of the members here deserve your input. The rest are best ignored.

Cheers!

April 10th, 2017, 3:08 pm #5

Bangin egg drop soup.... no comments...
Perfect corn meal breading without grittyness... no comments...
Pernil with better techniques..... no comments.....

I wonder what the heck people eat???

At least no one called me a homo right?
What a strange culture when the best way to avoid being called a homo is to be more obscene than the next guy...... now THAT is class!

Last edited by gratewhitehuntr on April 10th, 2017, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 11th, 2017, 1:24 am #6

was appropriate. My intentions were only to say, "Hey, watched a pretty cool movie this Afternoon, check it out sometime." I later thought, geez, I hope no one takes it for something it wasn't meant to be. I support our Military but discussions on that subject here on OT is not the place.
So bearing that it mind, please just understand (all who watch it or have seen) that to me; it's just a cool movie that shows SOME of our technology. How cool it would be to be an F-16 pilot. That poor Guy missed real flying so much. I can't give spoilers.
I've been told by a source that knows, our Satellites can read the date of a dime on a sidewalk probably from either low, middle, or high orbit, although I'd think they'd use the low orbits for surveillance & weather, google maps & such. Ah, whatever. It kept me entertained for awhile.
I do not blame you for the movie's perceived faults, but it's a movie, itself fair game for those who watched it. It was still good. Hell, you can find flaws in Gone With The Wind and Lawrence of Arabia. Doesn't make'em bad movies.

I still say it was worth watching (didn't I? I forget).

I watched another Netflix offering called "Meek's Cutoff". Effing horrible waste of time I do not have. Beautifully shot, horribly recorded, like a Blair Witch shakey cam on the Oregon Trail in 1845, that goes on for bloody ever. It sets up a legitimately suspenseful situation (although very very slowly) and then just ends, a la Coen brothers (No Country etc.). I think crap like this is made so that professional critics can feel smarter than us dummies who expect a resolution, at some point, after a considerable personal investment.

Don't watch that one. In fact, I would forbid it, but that might tempt some to watch.

There is no political issue I perceive with recommending Good Kill and I would recommend it myself, while recognizing that plot devices needed to be introduced for the homos (deference to other posts, don't anyone get all offended) that need some kind of romantic back-story for what should be intrinsically interesting.

Thank you for the recommendation.
Last edited by daveshoot on April 11th, 2017, 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 11th, 2017, 3:28 am #7

...you did your job.

I don't think DaveShoot was being offensive, but remember that anything that happens after the original post is the issue of the respondents.

I used to post about books I liked here. Got called a homo...something about a knitting circle.

I used to post about recipes I liked here. Got called a homo...something about a knitting circle and low T.

I used to post about guns I liked here. Got called a shill for auctions.

Point is: About 2% of the members here deserve your input. The rest are best ignored.

Cheers!

I'm not sure it makes sense to call someone who is talented at almost everything, master of bush craft, and probably knows more about guns than any ten men in this room...a homo.

Are you sure it wasn't because you wear bow ties? That I could understand.

Anyway, I wanted to add that all this talk is really offensive to us homos. Thank you...I will now return to my place in the "98"...
Last edited by Milbo on April 11th, 2017, 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 11th, 2017, 12:33 pm #8

liar, full of ****, etc, which is what actually happens when you are talented (amateur) at almost everything! (except music)
The internet calls it "A PhD in everything" and haterz gonna hate.

I have a lot of respect for... oh I don't want to say homos.... uh there it is anyway.... in whatever flavor (nohomo)
As a crazy guy I'm glad to see someone pushing the "We were born this way, no choice in the matter" agenda. Lord knows the crazies aren't organized enough to do it.......

Anyway.... like they say on the BB forums (nohomo)
Last edited by gratewhitehuntr on April 11th, 2017, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 11th, 2017, 4:17 pm #9

He's been around here for the entire duration and is learned and experienced on so many levels. When he takes things real seriously or sounds too self righteous I like to get in a jab or two. Just being honest...

I'm not much of a homo myself (almost 40 years married to a female) but I'm in the "if folks could understand they're wired up that way they'd leave em' alone" camp.

You've been hanging around a while John. Don't take me too seriously...and if I post pics please feel free to laugh at my clothing selections all you want!

April 11th, 2017, 4:32 pm #10

they already answered all my questions!
I did just post something.... maybe more soon as I really get a machine shop set up and try to change trades...

Funny story.
There are a LOT of people named John, so it's common to add some additional nick on there.
carpenter John
taxes John
John in MA.

Well a couple years ago I called someone and they were relaying (yelling) info to a third party in the room.
"Yeah John says ...blah blah blah..."
I heard the person behind him ask "Is that crazy John?"

ohh....... well........ I see....... after some asking around, and a lot of laughs..... turns out independent groups of friends had all dubbed me "crazy John" ...thank you very much...
That was when it became clear ... I wasn't doing a very good job of hiding it.... **** it.... might as well own it!!!

Not crazy enough to wear a bowtie though ; )