Good cheap mil dot scope for Hunter Class?

Good cheap mil dot scope for Hunter Class?

May 27th, 2009, 5:19 pm #1

Hi All,

I purchased a Marauder for Hunter class after selling my Harrier.

I had a Barska 3-12 scope on the Harrier but sold it. I also have a BSA 3-12x50 scope with a duplex reticle.

Maybe I am weird but I prefer mil dot scopes as they help me with holdover. I'd like to get something not too expensive, say less than $150 and I don't want anything over 12 power as I can't use it for Hunter and for actual hunting more than 12x is hard to hold steady.

If anyone has any suggestions, or is looking to unload a scope with these characteristics, please let me know.

Adam

One less god.

"All you can do is watch the shells
the game looks easy, that's why it sells."
~E. Smith
Last edited by taxonomy on May 27th, 2009, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 27th, 2009, 5:44 pm #2

Did you like the Barska 3x12. I have a 3x12x40 aomd if you want it, cheap. shoot me a pm if ya like .

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

May 27th, 2009, 10:13 pm #3

In the Nationals in Kentucky at the Blue Grass club last year and I believe WVScott did to and they worked very well, we bought them from KYSteve on the KHS site on the main page, good luck Joe

May 28th, 2009, 2:34 am #4

Hi All,

I purchased a Marauder for Hunter class after selling my Harrier.

I had a Barska 3-12 scope on the Harrier but sold it. I also have a BSA 3-12x50 scope with a duplex reticle.

Maybe I am weird but I prefer mil dot scopes as they help me with holdover. I'd like to get something not too expensive, say less than $150 and I don't want anything over 12 power as I can't use it for Hunter and for actual hunting more than 12x is hard to hold steady.

If anyone has any suggestions, or is looking to unload a scope with these characteristics, please let me know.

Adam

One less god.

"All you can do is watch the shells
the game looks easy, that's why it sells."
~E. Smith
Leapers Accushot 3-12X44AO Mini Rifle Scope, SWAT, Mil-Dot Reticle, 30mm Tube

It seems a very nice scope. View is clear even at 12 power. Only grip is the eye relief is really only about 3" as advertised and it is a very short scope. Almost too small for my Disco; it just barely fits. AO works very well.

Another minor flaw is that the dust cover does not fit the included sun shade. So you have to leave off the sun shade or put a couple wraps of black tape on the sun shade to make the dust cover fit tight. Actually I think it was like five wraps of black electrical tape.

It is priced at about $130.