Golden State Field Target Match report.

Golden State Field Target Match report.

September 13th, 2010, 3:17 pm #1

tony will be posting one on the green and yellow soon but this should tied anyone over for the moment.

thank you for taking a looksie

http://goldenstatefieldtargetclub.blogspot.com/
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

September 13th, 2010, 5:01 pm #2

Another big thank you to Ronnie for a great match, Tony for a Great Lunch, JimR for some great cookies and Ernie for a great sight-in range. I think I'm a freeloader!

Also Ronnie, I'd like to know how much it cost you to have the Blue Angles, a B2 bomber and an F22 Raptor entertain us during the match. It almost made me forget how difficult the course was, well not quite:-)

Nice to meet JonB as well, I'm really looking forward to the Airgun show in March.

Thanks again to everyone for a great day with a great group of people.

Jim in Sacramento

September 13th, 2010, 5:31 pm #3

tony will be posting one on the green and yellow soon but this should tied anyone over for the moment.

Hi Ronnie, I had a great time shooting with you guys. It was really nice to hang out with some other airgunners, and meet people I've only known thru the forums.

Thats a great range you have there, shade, grass, level ground, skeet girls next door, air show, etc., plus airguns, definitely a fun day. Next time I get down there I'll set aside the whole day, I don't want to miss the bbq again.

I appreciate you spreading the word about the airgun show in Roseville, the dates are March 5 & 6, 2011.

Thanks for setting these shoots up, Jon

September 13th, 2010, 5:51 pm #4

the dates and place. we had talked about Pacerville and got that confused. no excuses on the date though lol. sorry.
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

September 13th, 2010, 5:56 pm #5

Hi Ronnie, I had a great time shooting with you guys. It was really nice to hang out with some other airgunners, and meet people I've only known thru the forums.

Thats a great range you have there, shade, grass, level ground, skeet girls next door, air show, etc., plus airguns, definitely a fun day. Next time I get down there I'll set aside the whole day, I don't want to miss the bbq again.

I appreciate you spreading the word about the airgun show in Roseville, the dates are March 5 & 6, 2011.

Thanks for setting these shoots up, Jon
so please post an email or number for those interested. i will post it on the Match Report page.
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

September 13th, 2010, 6:05 pm #6

Another big thank you to Ronnie for a great match, Tony for a Great Lunch, JimR for some great cookies and Ernie for a great sight-in range. I think I'm a freeloader!

Also Ronnie, I'd like to know how much it cost you to have the Blue Angles, a B2 bomber and an F22 Raptor entertain us during the match. It almost made me forget how difficult the course was, well not quite:-)

Nice to meet JonB as well, I'm really looking forward to the Airgun show in March.

Thanks again to everyone for a great day with a great group of people.

Jim in Sacramento
the wind picked up in the middle of the match which also added a whole new level to the game. a shooter will know wind very good in a years time at Golden State. the wind will shift on ya right in the middle of ones shot. combined with quite a few reducers on the kz's, made it at least a 34-36 troyer. perhaps even higher.

job well done Jim. your score was a little less than last month but we also had fewer shots! percntage wise, you improved taking in consideration of the harder course too.
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

September 13th, 2010, 7:39 pm #7

Thanks Ronnie for a great match and the free entertainment. What a great bunch of guys to be around and learn more about this sport. All of you are helpful and willing to share your knowledge. The course was much more difficult than last month. Maybe some middle ground next time for a beginner like me (lol). I like hearing the sound of targets going down. Kind of like the swish of a basketball going through a net, which I didn't hear much for me, but I understand that many of you need the challenge. I can't wait until the next match. This is gettin addictive. Jim R.

September 13th, 2010, 8:01 pm #8

and find some middle ground for target placement. i agree in that we did not have enough middle ground targets. it seemed one had a far shot and then an even further shot lol. the close ones had tiny kz's. i think there were (2) 3/8 inchers and (1) 7/16 inch kz. so not an easy feet for anyone.

it is important to have your rifle hitting a 1/4 dot at ranges 10-20 yards. if one knows his hold over or click value, it becomes easier. of course this is all hinged on a properly set up scope. i garruntee if by the next match you do this, your score will increase by at least 3-4 points-perhaps more
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

September 13th, 2010, 8:36 pm #9

JimR is murder on the 40-55 yd targets, if he ever figures out how to hit the close ones he will be impossible to beat. I had a great time shooting with JimR and JonB. I am looking forward to the next match already as well.

We do appreciate all the help we get from you and Tony.

Jim in Sacramento
Last edited by 22Jim on September 13th, 2010, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 13th, 2010, 10:41 pm #10

LOL your too funny Jim C.......:)
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President