GOB Championship Final Scores

GOB Championship Final Scores

June 11th, 2012, 6:26 am #1

Roz Sumpter held another great match in Pulaski, TN this weekend. He and Cliff Smith set out two challenging courses. Thanks to Roz, Cliff, Robert, Martin, Saundra and everyone else that worked tirelessly to make this match happen. Also, it was great to see a lot our friends from around the country this weekend. Thanks for coming over and participating in this event.

I am sure that Roz will follow up with a match report, so I am only postIng the final results below.

See you guys at a match somewhere soon!

Harold Rushton

PCP 1st & 2nd decided by shoot off
[/IMG]

WFTF PCP 1st & 2nd decided by shoot off
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Harold Rushton

June 11th, 2012, 9:54 am #2

another great match. I wish that I could have joined in the fun. Hopefully next time around. Thanks for posting the scores Harold.

Life is short...slow down and enjoy
http://www.activevacuums.com
Last edited by jamdon on June 11th, 2012, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 11th, 2012, 1:05 pm #3

Roz Sumpter held another great match in Pulaski, TN this weekend. He and Cliff Smith set out two challenging courses. Thanks to Roz, Cliff, Robert, Martin, Saundra and everyone else that worked tirelessly to make this match happen. Also, it was great to see a lot our friends from around the country this weekend. Thanks for coming over and participating in this event.

I am sure that Roz will follow up with a match report, so I am only postIng the final results below.

Harold Rushton

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
<p>Harold, </p><p>Another great match at the GOB's. The weather was nice on Saturday and stayed decent through Sunday without the anticipated rain. Just a few sprinkles. A little tough ranging on Sunday with the overcast. Roz and Cliff had both courses setup to give us all a little test with a nice mixure on the Red and White ranges. Arriving on the Red course on Saturday, I saw a turkey target set up out in the field on the north side of the creek. Then a groundhog ran across in front of it towards the creek and then the turkey target started running after it. Wow! Roz has really come up with something new. Moving targets. Luckily they weren't part of the fun on this course. I got to shoot with John Whitfield on Saturday and really enjoyed the day. John had a solid match and will be a force to reckon with in the future. The wind was almost not a factor on the Red course Saturday, but got unruly on Sunday. I was paired up with Reinder on Sunday on the White course and had another great day of shooting. My score didn't show it though as I slipped down a few notches. </p><p>Our great friend and host Roz told us on Sunday that he won't be having any more of the 2-day matches as of now. I think all the hard work is starting to wear on him a bit. I've only had a touch of it and can understand, but really hate to see this part of FT go away. Hopefully he will contiue to have the 1-day matches and I think that is the plan for now. Maybe we shooters can help by setting up the course and cleaning up afterward. Even then there is a lot to be done to keep the course ready for a match. That is what we do do at Minor Hill to help David Slade. If every body pitches in, it is not to hard on anyone. </p><p>Many thanks to Roz for all the memories and all the hard work and for another great match.</p><p>Enjoyed seeing many of my airgun friends again and hope to see you soon,</p><p>Pat. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
Last edited by FireMarshal on June 11th, 2012, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 11th, 2012, 3:32 pm #4

Harold Rushton

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Witnessing that shoot-off was worth the trip to the GOB's!... Both of you put on a great show of marksmanship!

As I recall, each shooter had to knock down two targets: ~3/8" up front and ~1/2" in the back (about 10 or so yards apart); and, as both shooters knocked them down, the targets were moved farther out... I think the first miss came in the fifth round, with the 3/8" target set at 36 yards!

BTW, this was on the wide-open & downhill site-in range, with the wind flags anywhere between 45 to 90 degrees!

Simply ridiculous!
HookEm

--EDIT--
On a side note: David & Harold were, of course, squadded together on Sunday, so just think about the pressure they must have been under to not concede a point, and ending up with the same score on both days... But, perhaps these guys don't know the meaning of the word "pressure"?
Last edited by HookEm on June 11th, 2012, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 11th, 2012, 3:54 pm #5

Harold Rushton

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
If i can ask...

thx
kevin

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td></td></tr></table>
http://www.diablofieldtarget.org

June 11th, 2012, 4:07 pm #6

Think it was an over the power limit thing...nt

June 11th, 2012, 10:42 pm #7

If i can ask...

thx
kevin

Used a scope magnification booster (marketed as "approximately 40% boost") on a 3-9X scope (= "approximately" 12.6X). If you want more sordid details Kevin, I'll e-mail you.

June 12th, 2012, 3:12 am #8

Well you turned yourself in to prove a point then withdrew from the contest. I have to say thats quite a tale and i'm not sure what to say except i'm glad i'm not your md.

k

June 12th, 2012, 3:40 am #9

Used a scope magnification booster (marketed as "approximately 40% boost") on a 3-9X scope (= "approximately" 12.6X). If you want more sordid details Kevin, I'll e-mail you.
well. I ain't sweating that you had a .6X advantage.

And congradulations on your hunter score.

"There's no room for sissies in Hunter Field Target."

a quote from the famous Ron Robinson from ROT 2012.

Dutch

Self proclaimed shootinist sumbitch...there ever was almost!!
Its hard bein shootinst sum bitch...welp not its not.
started @ 227 compressor fills in 6/22/08
180 compressor fills and I have broke even
And aaain't it grrreaaat to be livinnn in the USA.
I never whacked a pigeon, starling, or sparrow that didn't deserve it!!!
1544 and countin....on pigeons..
starling count started 14--

June 12th, 2012, 4:25 am #10

I enjoyed seeing and shooting with you again, Bud. Think I've (finally) hit my stride in Hunter rifle class, and my AZ modified Steyr LP1 should be done soon. Hard to imagine retiring the ol' sixties vintage Crosman 187, but with the maturing of PFT (shooters and equipment), a man's just gotta do what a man's gotta do (to be competitive). I'll just have to mid-wife the birth of air-pistol bench-rest competition to avoid retiring the Crosman!