Gave up on the marauder

Gave up on the marauder

January 5th, 2010, 1:08 am #1

Hey I struggled between the marauder and the S200-decided to get the marauder with the pump.
I can tell you I tried over and over and never could get Aof A or pyramyd air by phone or email.
This includes last week also so I said heck with it. I would still buy the benjiman pump which they say will fill other pcp make with a different hose. I bought the S200.
David
Maybe I will still buy it later if I want more power.

January 5th, 2010, 1:53 am #2

I wouldn't be at all surprised if each of the shops you tried to call or email were operating at skeleton staff, it they were open at all. I shopped 5 different Walmarts looking for a Centerpoint Scope, and 4 were out of stock. All sold out for the holidays. So either they are not open, or are all tapped out of products in the Christmas rush.

If you let the availability of vendors during the Christmas holidays sway your opinion of which rifle to buy, then I would suggest your priorities are slightly out of whack.

The Marauder and S200 are vastly different rifles. I'm not sure how you can consider them in the same thought process. Not knocking either rifle at all.
Last edited by MB-BOB on January 5th, 2010, 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 5th, 2010, 3:09 am #3

I am saying that is that I bought a Mrod and it really fell short of my expectations and then a friend of mine said send it to Greg Davis and so I did and the story had a happy ending, in the future I would strongly recommend just buying the complete gun from Greg and cutting out the middle man. I know you will enjoy your new S-200.

January 5th, 2010, 3:14 am #4

I wouldn't be at all surprised if each of the shops you tried to call or email were operating at skeleton staff, it they were open at all. I shopped 5 different Walmarts looking for a Centerpoint Scope, and 4 were out of stock. All sold out for the holidays. So either they are not open, or are all tapped out of products in the Christmas rush.

If you let the availability of vendors during the Christmas holidays sway your opinion of which rifle to buy, then I would suggest your priorities are slightly out of whack.

The Marauder and S200 are vastly different rifles. I'm not sure how you can consider them in the same thought process. Not knocking either rifle at all.
ok
Last edited by robinhoods on January 5th, 2010, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 5th, 2010, 3:21 am #5

What caliber did you decide on ? .....nt.

January 5th, 2010, 3:29 am #6

Hey I struggled between the marauder and the S200-decided to get the marauder with the pump.
I can tell you I tried over and over and never could get Aof A or pyramyd air by phone or email.
This includes last week also so I said heck with it. I would still buy the benjiman pump which they say will fill other pcp make with a different hose. I bought the S200.
David
Maybe I will still buy it later if I want more power.
if all you want is plinker and pest hunter why not a disco and save up to 300.00?

January 5th, 2010, 4:08 am #7

I bought the S200T .177 that can be adjusted from 6-12 ftlbs.
Split stock with adjustable cheek rest and butt plate.
I bought a TX 200 markIII and the Hawke 4X12X40 from Straight shooters in the middle of NOV.They were great to deal with.
The gun was beautiful and accurate as all heck but heavy.I sold it right away and was doing a lot of looking and really leaned toward the S200 but I saw the video on the marauder at the pyramyd website and was impressed by the accuracy and the power of the .22.
5 shots at 20 meters almost all in the same hole. That was impressive the hole was just a little bit bigger than the pellet.Thats what steered me off from the S200.
Also you could tune it way down-I was going to order the .177 marauder. I still might buy the pump and gun is a couple of weeks regardless of what I want to use it for. Maybe I will never use it but I will get one for sure.
Robinhoods.

January 5th, 2010, 4:14 am #8

I am saying that is that I bought a Mrod and it really fell short of my expectations and then a friend of mine said send it to Greg Davis and so I did and the story had a happy ending, in the future I would strongly recommend just buying the complete gun from Greg and cutting out the middle man. I know you will enjoy your new S-200.
According to the videos the marauder should be the top gun of the year.
I was wondering if the guy Paul capellos gets some of these guns from the manufacturers that are really set up just for him to do his videos. He hooked me but I started to hear some negatives which I hope will be ironed out soon.
robinhoods

January 5th, 2010, 5:09 am #9

ok
Last edited by robinhoods on January 5th, 2010, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 5th, 2010, 5:11 am #10

NEWS FLASH! DUUHHHH REALY