Gas Ram

Gas Ram

August 7th, 2006, 4:38 am #1

Do you think that a Gas Ram will be available for the Gamo Shadow 1000, or could I have one fitted? I wonder how much more power the Gas Ram would be in that rifle.

August 7th, 2006, 1:27 pm #2

I recently saw an ad on a Dutch site that showed a gamo version.

I'm hoping it will show up in the US.

August 7th, 2006, 4:12 pm #3

Then hopefully it will come to the U.S.

August 7th, 2006, 6:44 pm #4

Saw it to and the with price conversion it's 200 bucks.

August 7th, 2006, 8:05 pm #5

<P>The Dutch one would be OVER $200, PLUS shipping and handling.&nbsp; And I doubt the power would increase; the benefits would be more consistency from shot to shot (better accuracy), no spring wear (shot 1 would have exactly the same power as shot 15,000 under the same conditions), no torquing recoil (recoil would be back and forth only; no twisting as with springs), and that you can leave the gun loaded for long period of time (useful for hunting, but again, not sure this is worth $200+).</P>
<P>I guess it depends on the shooter, but for me, it's a bit steep; the reason I got the Gamo was because it was a good, accurate, cheap gun.&nbsp; But that's just me, and everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.</P>
<P>Felipe</P>

August 7th, 2006, 10:53 pm #6

Do you think that a Gas Ram will be available for the Gamo Shadow 1000, or could I have one fitted? I wonder how much more power the Gas Ram would be in that rifle.
according to his website...only 12 foot pound versions, though.

http://hometown.aol.com/airgunwerk/index.html

Jeff

August 8th, 2006, 2:15 am #7

<P>The Dutch one would be OVER $200, PLUS shipping and handling.&nbsp; And I doubt the power would increase; the benefits would be more consistency from shot to shot (better accuracy), no spring wear (shot 1 would have exactly the same power as shot 15,000 under the same conditions), no torquing recoil (recoil would be back and forth only; no twisting as with springs), and that you can leave the gun loaded for long period of time (useful for hunting, but again, not sure this is worth $200+).</P>
<P>I guess it depends on the shooter, but for me, it's a bit steep; the reason I got the Gamo was because it was a good, accurate, cheap gun.&nbsp; But that's just me, and everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.</P>
<P>Felipe</P>
And $200 for a gas ram seems like nothing to me. If you get me the web site for it I will more than likely buy it. The power would probably stay the same, but the shot to shot consistancy would be unmatched by a springer.

August 8th, 2006, 9:25 pm #8

You talk as if they are Dutch gasrams. They are Theoben rams. Just take a look at the Theoben site http://www.theoben.co.uk/customer/produ ... oductid=36

I suppose it would be no problem to get them in the US.

Kind regards,

Joris

August 12th, 2006, 2:37 pm #9

<P>Felipe</P>
I converted a .22 Gamo Hunter 440 to gasram. It really, really does suit that rifle... and although in the UK we are limited in power before having to get a license, in the USA you could if you have a .22 simply put in a gasram that's designated for .177 and gain a bit extra.

August 12th, 2006, 2:47 pm #10

according to his website...only 12 foot pound versions, though.

http://hometown.aol.com/airgunwerk/index.html

Jeff
Is this (Blackpool Air Rifles in the uk) any better --
http://www.airgunbuyer.com/
They stock gasrams for the gamo Hunters, and overseas shipping cost does not seem to be too steep when it's for something comparatively small and light.