GAMO SUX~

GAMO SUX~

April 3rd, 2007, 1:22 pm #1

GAMO SUX! The main spring in my shadow broke .Sooo stupid me ..trying to save some time and money and finding a box and driving to the postoffice ...just took the spring out and TRIED to order a new one ...should be cheaper NOT having to sent the gun back and pay for the shipping,gas,etc........ they will not send anyone a spring unless the are a lisceced gunsmith AND now that i took the spring out i STILL have to send the gun in and pay 50 bucks for a new spring WHAT A JOKE also the arsehole on the phone laughed about it !!!!!I am glad i did not talk to this guy in person!!!!!!

April 3rd, 2007, 1:38 pm #2

nt

April 3rd, 2007, 1:43 pm #3

GAMO SUX! The main spring in my shadow broke .Sooo stupid me ..trying to save some time and money and finding a box and driving to the postoffice ...just took the spring out and TRIED to order a new one ...should be cheaper NOT having to sent the gun back and pay for the shipping,gas,etc........ they will not send anyone a spring unless the are a lisceced gunsmith AND now that i took the spring out i STILL have to send the gun in and pay 50 bucks for a new spring WHAT A JOKE also the arsehole on the phone laughed about it !!!!!I am glad i did not talk to this guy in person!!!!!!
...of the Shadow powerplant, and dealing with Crosman customer service is cheap, easy, reliable, and fast: 1.800.7AIRGUN

I think (hopefully I'll get set straight if I'm wrong) that the Quest full-power mainspring (#10 below) is a drop-in substitute, as are most (emphasis on "MOST") of the other bits.

Steve
Last edited by pneuguy on April 3rd, 2007, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 3rd, 2007, 1:48 pm #4

nt
Under 2 years BUT it has only been shot a couple of hundred times.. Not even really broke in yet

April 3rd, 2007, 1:52 pm #5

this spring is 34 turns at 10.5 inches...close measurmant ,,,its deformed..?.. a little from use so it could have measured 11 when new..770 OD and .55 ID

April 3rd, 2007, 1:58 pm #6

...of the Shadow powerplant, and dealing with Crosman customer service is cheap, easy, reliable, and fast: 1.800.7AIRGUN

I think (hopefully I'll get set straight if I'm wrong) that the Quest full-power mainspring (#10 below) is a drop-in substitute, as are most (emphasis on "MOST") of the other bits.

Steve
when ordering that you ask for the "full power" spring as I was told. I got a spare spring from them a few weeks ago for a project gun and they are very cool people to order parts from.

April 3rd, 2007, 2:02 pm #7

this spring is 34 turns at 10.5 inches...close measurmant ,,,its deformed..?.. a little from use so it could have measured 11 when new..770 OD and .55 ID
yup 3 weeks just to put in a new main spring HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA what a joke!!!!The warrenty thing ..seems some things an owner can do themselves and some NOT ,,so if you have a Game ,,take your chances! Is the thing youre going to do going to void the warrenty?? I asked and got a reply of .."well it depends" I love a straight answere. Anywys if something is wrong with your Gamo DO NOT try to fix it ,,just send it in and wait the normal 3 weeks for them to reapair it! Even if you just spent hours and hours messing with 3 differant scopes and finally got it to punch holes in the target,,forget about it ..it is just your time lost because you`ll be told to take of the scope or whatever ''add-onns'' that are now on it ..Good luck! Dave

April 3rd, 2007, 3:30 pm #8

great guy and does good work, I believe he also has springs, but you will need a spring compressor for that job if you are doing it yourself.

April 3rd, 2007, 8:41 pm #9

yup 3 weeks just to put in a new main spring HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA what a joke!!!!The warrenty thing ..seems some things an owner can do themselves and some NOT ,,so if you have a Game ,,take your chances! Is the thing youre going to do going to void the warrenty?? I asked and got a reply of .."well it depends" I love a straight answere. Anywys if something is wrong with your Gamo DO NOT try to fix it ,,just send it in and wait the normal 3 weeks for them to reapair it! Even if you just spent hours and hours messing with 3 differant scopes and finally got it to punch holes in the target,,forget about it ..it is just your time lost because you`ll be told to take of the scope or whatever ''add-onns'' that are now on it ..Good luck! Dave
priced airgun MFR's warranty service. If you don't believe me, do a search on the main for "RWS warranty."

April 4th, 2007, 4:42 pm #10

<P>springers Beeman sells. Springers aren't rocket science and as long as parts are available I don't even concern myself with warranties, even for my R9s and HW77.&nbsp;&nbsp;</P>