Gamo P23 pistol

Gamo P23 pistol

April 16th, 2017, 2:47 am #1

This pistol will leak a Co2 cartridge empty in a couple hours. Is there any fix that can resolve this? Or is the gun ready for the garbage can?

April 16th, 2017, 4:00 am #2

That seals at the piercing unit.
They don't seem to sell entire re-seal kits.

Might try taking the valve assy apart, cleaning the sealing surfaces and relube seals with a thick silicone lube

Skillet

April 17th, 2017, 12:11 am #3

This pistol will leak a Co2 cartridge empty in a couple hours. Is there any fix that can resolve this? Or is the gun ready for the garbage can?
I've had one since June 2002 and have replaced the cart seal (as mentioned available from gamousa.com) several times. Once, several years ago, that did not correct the leak it had that time. I took it apart and found one red seal in the velve that I lubed with Crosman pellgun oil then put back in turned the opposite way it was because of the pressure indentations in it. That corrected then and I have put probably two more cart seals in it since then. It's a fun plinker.
Or, you may be able to send it in with the $10 shipping fee for repair. I had a PT 85 quit working right after Christmas, sent it off and had it back in a couple of weeks.

April 17th, 2017, 1:54 pm #4

I have had several of these pistol and all eventialy wore out. Two things I try when they leak is treat the internals with dextron and use a piece of teflon tape over the cartridge when installing.

April 17th, 2017, 4:30 pm #5

...getting a bit of automotive transmission stop-leak into the valve body. I presume it's only a temporary fix, but it's lasted a while now.