GAMO DYNAMAX .177 not dead yet...

GAMO DYNAMAX .177 not dead yet...

February 25th, 2012, 6:00 pm #1

my d-max.177,bought new 11 months ago had issues right out of the box.first and foremost the magazine wasn't machined properly,and deformed the pellets when the loading probe pushed the pellet through the mag and into the receiver...after much frustration and some anylizing,I did find this problem...of course when I called GAMOUSA in Ft. Lauderdale,Fl.,the non caring representitive said I might consider buying a new mag,not allowing for a replacement/swap...so much for service after the sale{thanks for all your help, or non help as it would seem David]...So I finally started feeding pellets into the receiver by hand. after first cleaning much lead from the barrel left by the deformed pellets...then turning the hammer spring all the way out,as far as possible and still being able to replace the hammer spring cap over the spring,and using barracuda match 10.6 gr. i am seeing a new gun...I will set up chrony and test further when more barracudas arrive.Also I will be ordering a single shot tray for this gun from Rick @ RCMachine...who knows ,maybe david in customer service at GAMOUSA will see this and realize the sale isn't a sale until the customer comes back to purchase again..{sure would like to have this junky mag replaced,hint hint]email tommystudiog@gmail.com if you'd care to GAMO...until then;NO MORE SOUP FOR YOU...NEXT...Tom

March 4th, 2012, 1:30 pm #2

Some people call it a Kaiser blade,,, I call it a Sling blade. ummhmm

March 4th, 2012, 10:19 pm #3

Tim,Thank you for your suggestion,but I haven't put in my order for pellets yet.I will include these on the order to try,but I can report that the gun finally came around for me once I thoroughly cleaned the barrel and eliminated the junk magazine.the magazine was the problem from the beginning,as it was clipping the pellets as they were being pushed into the barrel by the bolt probe...I am really jazzed with it's performance...I fill to 2700 PSI for 50 shots that blow my mind...I will try other pellets ,but I did find the H&N Baracuda 10.65 average 880 F.P.S.,the hi is 911 F.P.S.,low is 840 F.P.S. and the spread is 71 and standard deviation is 19 F.P.S. and shot a ragged one hole group at 20 yards...this compared to not being able to group at all...I will also order a new mag,hopefully this one will work...thanks for your input Tim...Much Appreciated...I will report on the Gamo TS-10 when they arrive and are used in the gun...TOM