Gamo/Daisy 130B?

Gamo/Daisy 130B?

ZVP

September 29th, 2011, 6:51 pm #1

<p> I don't see many posts about these Daisy/Gamos anywhere on the net Maybe it's the synthetic barrel shroud, or maybe it's because Daisy's are so acquainted with BB Guns raather than good quality target/Hunting rifles? People often get thrown offto Asian guns because of their percieved quality? Looks and actual preformance are two very different things!</p><p> When I bought my 130B I thought it would be like my Gamo 500 but with a 600 minusfps velocity. Just a nice, adult sized, target rifle with a decent trigger. I wanted a rifle larger than my smaller Daisy/Gamo target rifle which is actually a "Cadet". (a good rifle with a tough trigger). I got it on sale for about $89 from D&R Sports clearance site.</p><p> Well the 130B turned out to be a POWERHOUSE! The velocity is closer to 800fps and the aqccuracy is great! It resembles a Gamo 500 more than the little Daisy 130"A" It's an adult sized rifle with a synthetic Barrel shroud The sights are just like the Gamo 500 but the power is ahigher . Maybe my old Gamo 500's mainspring is tired and the velocity IS down a bit but I won't change it because it's a very accurate, soft shooter with very good accuracy!</p><p> The 130B on the other hand has realtivelly high velocity and it's barrel exhibits the usual GOOD quality that these units are known for. I don't know what it is about this design that makes them so inheretly accurate but they are! The rifle weighs in at about 5 1/2 lbs and the cocking effort is about 25 lbs. It's an all day shooter that fits a grown mans frame just "right". It sholders quick and the Tech Force buttpad I added brought the LOP just right foe me plus it stays put just right on my sholder! I think I paid $4.50 for the buttpad from Compasseco. </p><p> The choice of .177 caliber is just right for this lightweight rifle as you are probablly going to shoot it a lot and the costs of .177 ammo is cheap, not to mention the vast array of pellet styles! The power is more than adequate for 30 yard ground squirrel work and with the right pellet, should anchor the pests in one shot!  Years ago I gave up hunting but I wish I'd have had this one when I used to hunt, as it's light weight made it an easy carry for those all day hunts! The discharge note and recocking noises are also low so as to not spook other game. It's a perfect lightweight field rifle! Maybe the lack pf popularity was the plastic barrel shroud and the look of the plastic breech? Maybe folks thought that the similar Gamo 220 just looked more solid with it's steel breech? I've shot both the Gamo 500 and Daisy 130B aa lot and noticed no looseness in either guns lock-up. The many years of use of the  use of this Breechblock/Barrel design in several models has proved the sturdiness of the design. A .22 caliber would be neat, but I don't think the barrel Breechblock combo was ever built in .22.</p><p> The design of the stock is perfect! It balances, settled just as you would hold it for shooting. The foreend is just wide enough for the supporting hand and the pistol grip is angled for multi position shooting. Gamo did their homework on the design if this one!</p><p> I wish I had a picture to throw up with this post but I can't get pictures to stick for some reason. However a search of the Daisy 130B should net pictures...</p><p> Overall I am pretty impressed with this Spanish rifle and being a German airgun fan, that's saying quite a bit. In fact I think I'll add it to this Sundays FunDay shoot!</p><p> If you get a chance to try a Daisy/Gamo 130B definately do take the chance to shoot one. I think you'll be suprised and equally impressed as I was with it! I just HAD to have one of my own!</p><p> With so many good old Gamo's out there, I don't know why  you don't see more of them than Asian guns? Maybe the cheap prices of the Asian guns fool people into thinking that they are getting a quality gun cheap? Truth is if you start with a used Gamo and build-up a custom on that platform, you'll have a better gun!</p><p> JMHO,</p><p> ZVP</p>

September 30th, 2011, 5:58 am #2

Don

ZVP

October 1st, 2011, 12:39 am #3

<p> I tried to get some up but the file size is too large. I am not a real computer guy and don't know anything about digital cameras!</p><p> I'll see if I have some old pix and see if I can get one up.</p><p> ZVP</p>

October 1st, 2011, 4:08 pm #4

I'll resize them for you.

ZVP

October 1st, 2011, 4:33 pm #5

<p> If you could describe how to do it! Man there are a bunch that I need to downsize for my Black Powder Pistol sites 'n stuff!</p><p> I used to be able to do it on my old computer but with this new laptop and my Kodak, "Easy Share" i can't do anything with em! This is the reqason I bought the Kodak...</p><p> ZVP</p>

October 2nd, 2011, 3:24 am #6

<p> I don't see many posts about these Daisy/Gamos anywhere on the net Maybe it's the synthetic barrel shroud, or maybe it's because Daisy's are so acquainted with BB Guns raather than good quality target/Hunting rifles? People often get thrown offto Asian guns because of their percieved quality? Looks and actual preformance are two very different things!</p><p> When I bought my 130B I thought it would be like my Gamo 500 but with a 600 minusfps velocity. Just a nice, adult sized, target rifle with a decent trigger. I wanted a rifle larger than my smaller Daisy/Gamo target rifle which is actually a "Cadet". (a good rifle with a tough trigger). I got it on sale for about $89 from D&R Sports clearance site.</p><p> Well the 130B turned out to be a POWERHOUSE! The velocity is closer to 800fps and the aqccuracy is great! It resembles a Gamo 500 more than the little Daisy 130"A" It's an adult sized rifle with a synthetic Barrel shroud The sights are just like the Gamo 500 but the power is ahigher . Maybe my old Gamo 500's mainspring is tired and the velocity IS down a bit but I won't change it because it's a very accurate, soft shooter with very good accuracy!</p><p> The 130B on the other hand has realtivelly high velocity and it's barrel exhibits the usual GOOD quality that these units are known for. I don't know what it is about this design that makes them so inheretly accurate but they are! The rifle weighs in at about 5 1/2 lbs and the cocking effort is about 25 lbs. It's an all day shooter that fits a grown mans frame just "right". It sholders quick and the Tech Force buttpad I added brought the LOP just right foe me plus it stays put just right on my sholder! I think I paid $4.50 for the buttpad from Compasseco. </p><p> The choice of .177 caliber is just right for this lightweight rifle as you are probablly going to shoot it a lot and the costs of .177 ammo is cheap, not to mention the vast array of pellet styles! The power is more than adequate for 30 yard ground squirrel work and with the right pellet, should anchor the pests in one shot!  Years ago I gave up hunting but I wish I'd have had this one when I used to hunt, as it's light weight made it an easy carry for those all day hunts! The discharge note and recocking noises are also low so as to not spook other game. It's a perfect lightweight field rifle! Maybe the lack pf popularity was the plastic barrel shroud and the look of the plastic breech? Maybe folks thought that the similar Gamo 220 just looked more solid with it's steel breech? I've shot both the Gamo 500 and Daisy 130B aa lot and noticed no looseness in either guns lock-up. The many years of use of the  use of this Breechblock/Barrel design in several models has proved the sturdiness of the design. A .22 caliber would be neat, but I don't think the barrel Breechblock combo was ever built in .22.</p><p> The design of the stock is perfect! It balances, settled just as you would hold it for shooting. The foreend is just wide enough for the supporting hand and the pistol grip is angled for multi position shooting. Gamo did their homework on the design if this one!</p><p> I wish I had a picture to throw up with this post but I can't get pictures to stick for some reason. However a search of the Daisy 130B should net pictures...</p><p> Overall I am pretty impressed with this Spanish rifle and being a German airgun fan, that's saying quite a bit. In fact I think I'll add it to this Sundays FunDay shoot!</p><p> If you get a chance to try a Daisy/Gamo 130B definately do take the chance to shoot one. I think you'll be suprised and equally impressed as I was with it! I just HAD to have one of my own!</p><p> With so many good old Gamo's out there, I don't know why  you don't see more of them than Asian guns? Maybe the cheap prices of the Asian guns fool people into thinking that they are getting a quality gun cheap? Truth is if you start with a used Gamo and build-up a custom on that platform, you'll have a better gun!</p><p> JMHO,</p><p> ZVP</p>
Might be wrong about the numbering. In other words, the Daisy's were probably the then-current Gamo line up. I had the 1140 (?) which is the same as the synthetic Cadet. The 130a might be the Gamo 500 and the 130b a 600. Probably the precursor to the 220/440/1000 power plant.

ZVP

October 3rd, 2011, 4:17 am #7

<p> Red,</p><p> I think you are right. I doubt they'd make a special rifle instead of just restamp the Daisy Namr on a sub-contract gun.</p><p> ZVP</p>

October 6th, 2011, 3:35 pm #8

<p> If you could describe how to do it! Man there are a bunch that I need to downsize for my Black Powder Pistol sites 'n stuff!</p><p> I used to be able to do it on my old computer but with this new laptop and my Kodak, "Easy Share" i can't do anything with em! This is the reqason I bought the Kodak...</p><p> ZVP</p>
and "resize" the photos. When you resize to meet the requirements of the site, upload them to the site using the directs from the main yellow, there is a link to the instructions there.

Else, you need to upload them to a host like photobucket and link to them.

ZVP

October 6th, 2011, 4:53 pm #9

<p> I need to find a Photo editor that'll run the Kodaqk Easy Share system. </p><p> What I do now is pull the card and stick it in a card reader and save the pictures that way, then shift them to a disc so I can have a back-up. Kinda Klutzy but like I said I am not a computer guy... I got the computer as a toy and to do e-mails and surf the net. I need to get an education on this thing!</p><p> I just have to bone-up on these systems and get it started right. Just not enough time to get around to it!</p><p> ZVP</p>

October 30th, 2011, 10:57 pm #10

<p> Red,</p><p> I think you are right. I doubt they'd make a special rifle instead of just restamp the Daisy Namr on a sub-contract gun.</p><p> ZVP</p>
The 600 does not have the polymer barrel shroud, the 500 does,however, the 130 is a little smaller than either rifle,IIRC...not that it really matters.