Gamo Compact - Test fireing Part 2

Gamo Compact - Test fireing Part 2

August 8th, 2007, 4:30 pm #1

Now that I have spent a couple of days with the Compact I can say my initial impressions were correct. the gun is a Joy to shoot. The trigger is a close second/third to the Beeman P3 and the IHZ46 I own. Its no contest between the compace and borg if nt Webley Nenesis pistol's. Accuracy is simply incredable. For me at lease as good or better than I can shoot the IHZ46 {Both rested}. While the pistol is a bit long(simular to a 717 length wise) its construction makes it light enough for it NOT to be muzzle heavy. The grips make it a comfortable fit when shooting from a rested position. I have been using a varity of targets and pellet traps. Everything from my 1 foot square target box to my anitque Crosman Bell ringer trap/target, including my Gamo rocker trap with the swinging disc targets. The Compact os a blaast to shoot and the adjustable trigger has a nice feel to it, even if it is made of plastic! Personally I'd think they would sell a lot more of them if the price was more in line with the P3 instead of the IHZ46M but thats Gamo's lookout. I suggest you do what I did keep an eye on the classifieds for a sweet deal on a used one(mine cost me $150 shipped!!! - much better deal than the best price I have found online $224.00 plus shipping of $10-$15.
For the money I paid the Compact was and is an excellent pistol for targets of just plain fun!

Pennsylvania Pistolero
http://airgunartisans.com

August 9th, 2007, 3:44 am #2

will be on the list.

August 9th, 2007, 8:26 am #3

The Gamo Compact is not a get serious pistol; it's a get ready to have fun pistol.
It will not prevent you from having serious fun though. If you can get beyond the trigger's
idiosyncrasies, you can shoot good scores in 10 meter AP. But the trigger's graveliness
is almost unnoticeable if shooting with a two hand hold. Some day I'll send my Compact
to a tuner that can smooth up the trigger characteristics(for single offhand shooting).
Tony G

August 9th, 2007, 10:21 pm #4

Currently its my "Pistol of the Day" for just about all my shooting. I compared it to my Webley Nemesis yesterday in a side by side shootout yesterday. I like the Webley but when it comes to the trigger the Compact wins hands down. Accuracy both are compareable but the trigger gives the compact a bit of an edge there too. The gun (Gamo Compact) is a joy to shoot.

Pennsylvania Pistolero

August 10th, 2007, 5:46 pm #5

Now that I have spent a couple of days with the Compact I can say my initial impressions were correct. the gun is a Joy to shoot. The trigger is a close second/third to the Beeman P3 and the IHZ46 I own. Its no contest between the compace and borg if nt Webley Nenesis pistol's. Accuracy is simply incredable. For me at lease as good or better than I can shoot the IHZ46 {Both rested}. While the pistol is a bit long(simular to a 717 length wise) its construction makes it light enough for it NOT to be muzzle heavy. The grips make it a comfortable fit when shooting from a rested position. I have been using a varity of targets and pellet traps. Everything from my 1 foot square target box to my anitque Crosman Bell ringer trap/target, including my Gamo rocker trap with the swinging disc targets. The Compact os a blaast to shoot and the adjustable trigger has a nice feel to it, even if it is made of plastic! Personally I'd think they would sell a lot more of them if the price was more in line with the P3 instead of the IHZ46M but thats Gamo's lookout. I suggest you do what I did keep an eye on the classifieds for a sweet deal on a used one(mine cost me $150 shipped!!! - much better deal than the best price I have found online $224.00 plus shipping of $10-$15.
For the money I paid the Compact was and is an excellent pistol for targets of just plain fun!

Pennsylvania Pistolero

You find it fun to shoot yourself? Ouch :-))

August 13th, 2007, 1:58 pm #6

I've been shooting the gun for a week now and am still pleased. I ordered a new MTM case and 4 tins of Gamo Wadcutters for it and they came in a few days ago. the wadcutters leave a better hole on the targets but the RN are easier to load into the barrel of the Compact. The gun is definately accurate and easy to shoot. What more can I say. The triggers on my Nemesis pistols can't hold a candle to it. Hav'nt had the time of chance to dig out my custom Daist 717, 777 or Beeman P3 (or the IHZ46 either!) to compare them side by side with the compare but from what I remember shooting them it would more than hold its own both in accuracy and trigger pull.

Pennsylvania Pistolero

August 14th, 2007, 7:33 pm #7

OK, I had my fun. You got a nice pistol for the price.