Gamo CFX combo

Gamo CFX combo

November 2nd, 2006, 3:54 am #1

I just received my new Gamo combo from Cabelas today. I've been lurking around this and other forums for a while trying to get info on a rifle. first one I've had since I was a kid. The gun and scope came unassembled. My question for anyone is how do I know where to put the scope on the mount? ie how far froward or to the rear of the mount should it go? There were no instructions about this with the gun.

November 2nd, 2006, 4:05 am #2

Your gonna love the CFX, thats for sure. First off, what kind of mounts are they?? Are the the ones with single screws at the base? If so, get rid of them and get a decent single mount like the Accushot
http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/acces ... ory_id=805

Something like these will save you a lot of headaches when it comes to mounting a scope.

November 2nd, 2006, 5:01 am #3

I just received my new Gamo combo from Cabelas today. I've been lurking around this and other forums for a while trying to get info on a rifle. first one I've had since I was a kid. The gun and scope came unassembled. My question for anyone is how do I know where to put the scope on the mount? ie how far froward or to the rear of the mount should it go? There were no instructions about this with the gun.
as Mark said, get a good solid mount before frustrating yourself with the stock cheapie. You will want the scope far enough back to get a clear picture of the full diameter, with no dark ring. You can determine this by bringing the rifle to shoulder naturally, you shouldn't see a dark ring. You can adjust the ocular focus by bringing the rifle to shoulder and pointing at a plain white wall, the crosshairs should be sharply defined. Use a wall with no relevant features that will draw your attention, and don't linger as your eye will focus to correct. You should see clear crosshairs and the full ocular diameter when you shoulder the gun, without having to creep forward on the stock. Hope this is clear enough to understand.

November 2nd, 2006, 11:35 am #4

Thanks for the input. I think I understand what you mean. I can't wait to get it focused and try to fire a few off to see what it does. It looks and feels like a much better gun than my old crosman I had as a kid. I;ll keep you guys posted.