FX Royale Question?

FX Royale Question?

July 6th, 2012, 10:40 pm #1

I have read that the FX Royale has a flimsy barrel, or the barrel is not very secure to the action. I have never seen an FX in person, just pics and video. I like the gun.

Can someone PLEASE explain this to me?

July 6th, 2012, 10:57 pm #2

I don't know how some people define "secure" but the barrel is attached sturdily to the action. Won't be an
issue if it takes the occasional bump during use.

July 6th, 2012, 11:08 pm #3

I had a gladiator with a free floated barrel. It had terrible POIshifting from the slightest bumps. I fixed it by replacing the end cap on the tube with a barrel band cap, problem fixed.

My gun my have been an exception with POI shifting. But after adding the band, it was dead nuts accurate. YMMV

July 6th, 2012, 11:11 pm #4

I have read that the FX Royale has a flimsy barrel, or the barrel is not very secure to the action. I have never seen an FX in person, just pics and video. I like the gun.

and the Indy is just a Royale with a pump.

I would sight in and months later it still shot to point of aim. When I had to have it repaired I removed the scope, sent it across country, rifle was repaired, sent back, I put the scope back on to where I had proper eye relief and the rifle/scope was still on the money( literally), I could have hit a dime @ 35yds without making a single adjustment to the scope turrets.

I wouldn't worry about the barrel/receiver integrity on the Royale.

July 6th, 2012, 11:12 pm #5

I had a gladiator with a free floated barrel. It had terrible POIshifting from the slightest bumps. I fixed it by replacing the end cap on the tube with a barrel band cap, problem fixed.

My gun my have been an exception with POI shifting. But after adding the band, it was dead nuts accurate. YMMV
that are based on the Royale receiver & barrel?

July 6th, 2012, 11:22 pm #6

Not sure where you read that at? But put it out of your mind! My FX is as good as it gets as far as the barrel and everything else on the gun! Maybe they were sking and used it for one of the poles! then maybe it might move just a little!!

July 6th, 2012, 11:26 pm #7

that are based on the Royale receiver & barrel?
So it was probably an old style. But like I said, once I put the barrel band on. I had 0 issues.

July 7th, 2012, 1:34 am #8

Not sure where you read that at? But put it out of your mind! My FX is as good as it gets as far as the barrel and everything else on the gun! Maybe they were sking and used it for one of the poles! then maybe it might move just a little!!
It is held by two screws and I took the barrel off several times without any issues whatsoever. I know it is bad practice, but occasionally, I even picked my gun up by the barrel when it was leaning against something and I never had POI shifts from that.
So, if you are not planning to use it as a baseball bat, the barrel will be in great shape for a long time

July 7th, 2012, 2:03 am #9

I recently replied to a post that my AZ Rapid was #1 but then i got out my Royale shooting the same fpe with the same pellet. I think my Royale is easier to shoot more accurately, where as the AZ Rapid might be a hair more accurate but it has a recoil of sorts maybe it's what guys call muzzle flip. Anyways hopefully I didn't get the only badass Royale. It doesn't hurt that I'm a lefty and at the time FX didn't offer a lefty stock so I have a nice Steve C stock on mine. I also just got a FX Verminator, it's pretty slick and I wanted a lil more velocity out of it so I started with JSB RS pellets .22. Well with wind I had no trouble consistently printing dime size 10 shot groups at 25 yds. I think there is 2 set screws that hold the barrel in and I have never had trouble with mine. FX makes the best gun out of the box IMO.

July 7th, 2012, 2:44 am #10

I'm in my third year hunting with my Royale 400 and never lost zero or had any POI shift in hunting conditions.

I don't baby my hunting equipment, I use it and it goes where I go even if I fall down and I do.

RogerV