FX 500

FX 500

June 13th, 2012, 11:58 pm #1

I took my adjustable power FX 500 out today to see how many shots I could get off the lower velocities. Much to my disappointment I got the same number as the full velocity setting. Around ninety shots on #2 670fps before I see a drop in trajectory.On setting #2 starting at 200 bar I can get 55 shots ending at 170 bar and another 55 shots down to 140 bar. The last two or three shot were low out of the group at 40yds. I could possibly get a few more if I had filled to 240 bar. I also shot two mags on #1 at 490fps but the pressure gauge was dropping the same. So, I guess the air is volume is the same for all three settings but the opening is smaller for the lower settings and less air pushes the pellet. I've never seen a diagram of the gun so I can't say for sure how the settings work. Accuracy is excellent on all three settings. I am still happy with the gun, just a little disappointed. I guess 90 shots is pretty good. I would like to hear from anyone else who has any time to shoot one. Have fun, Scott

June 14th, 2012, 2:29 am #2

I have a Royale 500 carbine with a 400 tank on it and a one postion Elite regulator.

Filling to 34000 PSI, I get a little over 50 shots before I see a drop at 10 yards at 885 FPS average.

June 14th, 2012, 4:15 am #3

I took my adjustable power FX 500 out today to see how many shots I could get off the lower velocities. Much to my disappointment I got the same number as the full velocity setting. Around ninety shots on #2 670fps before I see a drop in trajectory.On setting #2 starting at 200 bar I can get 55 shots ending at 170 bar and another 55 shots down to 140 bar. The last two or three shot were low out of the group at 40yds. I could possibly get a few more if I had filled to 240 bar. I also shot two mags on #1 at 490fps but the pressure gauge was dropping the same. So, I guess the air is volume is the same for all three settings but the opening is smaller for the lower settings and less air pushes the pellet. I've never seen a diagram of the gun so I can't say for sure how the settings work. Accuracy is excellent on all three settings. I am still happy with the gun, just a little disappointed. I guess 90 shots is pretty good. I would like to hear from anyone else who has any time to shoot one. Have fun, Scott
Anymore apples out there?