FWB124 D tuner

FWB124 D tuner

March 10th, 2012, 9:53 pm #1

I am going to have my old trusty and dusty FWB 124 D tuned.....after 15 years of sitting idle, I can't take it any more. Used to shoot it all day as a kid, killing thousands of poor birds. I am considering a reblue because it is well used and would like to treat her right. Any recommendations on who can tackle the bluing and the tuning at the same time would be much appreciated. I have been to a few sights to look them over, like springgunning and airgunwerks.

Thanks,

EricG

March 10th, 2012, 11:52 pm #2

You're better off going with Dave if bluing is a concern. I have a hefty backlog of bluing work in the shop. After I'm caught up with it I have about thirty of my own guns that will have to be done.

Many Thanks,

Paul Watts

http://www.springgunning.com

March 11th, 2012, 3:42 am #3

Thanks for the response Mr. watts,

I have been looking at your site for years, but never got around to calling. I wasn't sure if you did bluing for tune customers, or just on your custom guns. I would love to see your work in person, but I doubt that I would ever make down to an airgun show. I love the Santa Rosa Vintage R7 in your gallery, it is sweet. The red stock looks awesome and must be a trade secret on that beech. My stock is being recheckered, stained and finished by a local pad and checker service. If it looks decent when complete, I may get a reblue. If it looks just so so I may just get a tune and leave the plum patina. The guy said he only had an alcohol base stain called vanderhaves for the beech, so thats what being put on. Not much choice there. But he is awesome at checkering and building stocks from scratch. I foolishly started to sand the stock when I was a kid. I e-mailed Mr Slade and they are 8 weeks out. I'm not in any real hurry, the guns been sitting long enough already. I should have sent it down to you years ago. It could have sat in your shop the same.

Thanks

Eric G

Last edited by VillageSniper on March 12th, 2012, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 12th, 2012, 4:18 am #4

No problem. I go into a little more details on the FAQ link on my main page. I still take in tune work but stocks and bluing I've pretty much pulled back to doing my own rifles. Even so it's been almost a year since I've done one and offered it up on my page.

Many Thanks,

Paul Watts

http://www.springgunning.com/FAQ.html