FS - Ataman FT Rifle (M2 Sport) 12 FPE

FS - Ataman FT Rifle (M2 Sport) 12 FPE

January 26th, 2017, 3:29 pm #1

This is quite literally the 'best' true FT style rifle I've owned. My issue is one of obsession... I love these and keep buying similar rifles but don't shoot in any style (home or in FT) that really benefits from this type of rifle. Haven't shot FT in toooo long but I shoot Hunter and since my Airwolf self destructed several years ago, my best outings have been with a bullpup of all things (out of a wall of Steyrs and other stuff)... Back to the point.

This is a 'one of a kind' in the sense that I am not aware of any others in the US. The action is said to be the same as the benchrest version and their are a couple of those in the US.

I have everything it came with. Hamster, 2 fill probes, manual, test targets, a couple of allen keys. Single shot tray is installed. There is no mag but there was some discussion indicating that the ataman mag would fit. I've not tried it and do not have one. The Hugget is not included but the rail mounted forearm can be if requested. Scope is not included but may be for sale soon... separately.

Please note the milling of the barrel in the pics... Came this way and I received no meaningful info from the retailer or manufacturer saying anything other than "...but it's a really good barrel". I can include a CF tube that can be cut to fit over the barrel if you like. You will have to fit it.

One hole on paper targets from 10-23y (all I have on easily accessible flat ground) 1 inch(ish) groups possible at 55y on MY range. I say possible because there is always some wind here and on a calm day I can manage 5-8 /10 pellets in a dime(ish) size hole.

note on the 'shot string' I found 280bar to be a bit high. a 250fill still provides plenty of shoots for a FT match and is very consistent in the low 780's

except for some visual traits, this is the same rifle that Daystate is rebranding to their name as the 'Tsar'.

I'm at $1850 shipped. If you want to do PP, I'll want help with the fees!
Happy to answer questions or supply requested pics.
Jeff Deyesu on the BOI

jcdx25@aol.com

Last edited by jcdx25 on January 29th, 2017, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 26th, 2017, 3:31 pm #2

Time consuming health issue (not mine). Please be a little patient on replies...