First time shooting and have problems already.

First time shooting and have problems already.

July 27th, 2009, 1:47 am #1

After buying my Marauder for myself as a Father's Day gift, I finally got a chance to try it out this weekend.

Everything went well for the first three shots (great grouping)and then the gun wouldn't fire, even though the air pressure was over 2k. I took out the clip, put a ram to the barrel and pushed out the Crossman Premier 7.9gr. re-set the clip and re-cocked the bolt with nothing happening. I did this a half dozen times with the same results.

After this futile effort, the trigger went "numb" with no resistance, moving loosly back and forth. At that point I gave up for the day.

If my clip is loaded and set correctly and the air pressure is good, what on earth could be the problem?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions offered.

July 27th, 2009, 2:11 am #2

Just KIDDING! You have an UNSAFE GUN FOR NOW! KEEP IT POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION! You have probably got the dreaded trigger link failure that a number of owners have reported on this and other forums. Type Maruader Trigger into search and you will find all the posts about this and the fact that you now have a SAFETY ISSUE since it takes some work to degas the gun to have a safe condition. If you degas the gun it may fire the pellet that is probably stuck in the barrel so keep that puppy pointed in a safe direction until you have resolved the issue. Call Crosman Customer service on Monday morning and ask to talk to Russ or one of the other Marauder Techs. They will talk you through the problem and offer you the correct fix! Probably a new Trigger Pack since the link is probably broken item #6E; parn Number 1763A044 (Link, Trigger) see the EVP for the Marauder and look at Trigger Assembly:

http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/1763 ... &%20PL.PDF

DO NOT follow anyone elses advice to do anything, PERIOD; just a real Crosman Tech because of LIABILITY ISSUES!

shootski
Last edited by shootski on July 27th, 2009, 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 27th, 2009, 2:15 am #3

Thanks for the info.

At least I know I'm not the only one having this problem.

Strangely, there's comfort in knowing this.

I'm calling Benjamin first thing tomorrow.

July 27th, 2009, 2:18 am #4

After buying my Marauder for myself as a Father's Day gift, I finally got a chance to try it out this weekend.

Everything went well for the first three shots (great grouping)and then the gun wouldn't fire, even though the air pressure was over 2k. I took out the clip, put a ram to the barrel and pushed out the Crossman Premier 7.9gr. re-set the clip and re-cocked the bolt with nothing happening. I did this a half dozen times with the same results.

After this futile effort, the trigger went "numb" with no resistance, moving loosly back and forth. At that point I gave up for the day.

If my clip is loaded and set correctly and the air pressure is good, what on earth could be the problem?

wondering which months production have the older style trigger wieght adjustment screws??

I suspect this is exactly what is broken as the other one reported earlier on the yellow forum

July 27th, 2009, 2:25 am #5

Thanks for the info.

At least I know I'm not the only one having this problem.

Strangely, there's comfort in knowing this.

I'm calling Benjamin first thing tomorrow.
Take a look at the links provided and added info.

shootski

July 27th, 2009, 2:28 am #6

wondering which months production have the older style trigger wieght adjustment screws??

I suspect this is exactly what is broken as the other one reported earlier on the yellow forum

HI,

The SN is 509120158.

That's the only numbers I could find on the barrel.

July 27th, 2009, 2:29 am #7

nt

July 27th, 2009, 2:36 am #8

Just KIDDING! You have an UNSAFE GUN FOR NOW! KEEP IT POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION! You have probably got the dreaded trigger link failure that a number of owners have reported on this and other forums. Type Maruader Trigger into search and you will find all the posts about this and the fact that you now have a SAFETY ISSUE since it takes some work to degas the gun to have a safe condition. If you degas the gun it may fire the pellet that is probably stuck in the barrel so keep that puppy pointed in a safe direction until you have resolved the issue. Call Crosman Customer service on Monday morning and ask to talk to Russ or one of the other Marauder Techs. They will talk you through the problem and offer you the correct fix! Probably a new Trigger Pack since the link is probably broken item #6E; parn Number 1763A044 (Link, Trigger) see the EVP for the Marauder and look at Trigger Assembly:

http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/1763 ... &%20PL.PDF

DO NOT follow anyone elses advice to do anything, PERIOD; just a real Crosman Tech because of LIABILITY ISSUES!

shootski
Thanks

July 27th, 2009, 4:34 pm #9

own a m-rod but like to learn.thanks for the info in advance

July 27th, 2009, 4:56 pm #10

If you've cleared all the pellets and kept the muzzle in a safe direction you're not a threat to life or limb as I see it.

I suggest you either call Crosman or follow this topic through search on this site for a lot of history. The broken bit is no doubt a link that basically disconnects the trigger and lets it flop about. The striker is still latched back and must somehow be lowered. As the factory service advised before, if you pull the three screws that hold the trigger assembly to the action, the striker will fire normally. With the bolt closed and muzzle control this should be easy to deal with. Otherwise you can hold the bolt back and work with one hand, then lower the hammer slowly once the trigger is out.

Crosman will send you a replacement trigger assembly and a 'chit' for return of the failed one. This seems the best/fastest way to get back on the air.

What's going on is a concern. With one exception the half dozen or so such failures I've read of have been in the first dozen or two shots. The other was a 'fast hard pull' in a stress moment in the field. OTOH there are a lot of guys with thousands of trouble free rounds on their guns already (I'm a bit sort of a thousand). I'm thinking maybe guys are pulling too hard because the gun didn't cock (short stroked), or maybe a safety issue? For sure everyone is reporting 'floppy triggers' after the failure to fire, not before.... Any thoughts on that?

Anyway, your call on what to do, of course. Good luck and please let us know how it works out and what you discovered?

Doug Owen