Finally stopped hammer stroke from drifting

Finally stopped hammer stroke from drifting

February 5th, 2011, 2:26 pm #1

Regardless off how much I tightened screw , part #42 the hammer stroke adjustment bolt (striker, part #41) drifted full counterclockwise, resulting in being forced to reduce hammer energy to compensate. I had to put a piece of tygon tubing on the striker, part #41, which is ~.23" long/.25" id. This short piece of tubing fits between striker face and the hammer, part #40 ensuring the hammer stroke/energy does not change. This does prevent further adjustment without disassembly.

February 5th, 2011, 3:56 pm #2

First off, glad you got it sorted out...nothing succeeds like success as they say.

However, how come you're having the devil's own time with this and nobody else? Is something not square so that the screw is getting tweaked a bit on each firing? Not that you should start all over, but you'd think replacing a factory part of two with one in spec would give you the same results as the rest?

Doug Owen

February 5th, 2011, 6:27 pm #3

As to why it is happening to only me...I guess I could also ask the same as to why I got hodgkins disease a number of years ago and "nobody" else gets it. Anyway, others claim the settings drift. Also, the delrin plug was biting into the threads, but the set screw just would not stay tight, keeping tension on the striker/screw.

February 6th, 2011, 3:07 am #4

You had no luck with the tension screw that worked for others. I smell a out of spec part in there somewhere. However if it's no longer broke, fixing it seems like it can wait......

Doug Owen