Finally Found A Scope For PFT That

Finally Found A Scope For PFT That

December 1st, 2010, 11:57 am #1

will fit my Browning 800 Magnum but! it is going to require a bunch of shimming to get get optical centered scope on paper
Perhaps some of my old black powdered trick the old man taught me are in order here... lol

But hey, the good news is a 12X scope fits on a break barrel pistol!
mind you it just barely fits..

[/IMG]

December 1st, 2010, 1:30 pm #2

nice one Mike.how do you like it?? :) nt
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

December 1st, 2010, 2:01 pm #3

will fit my Browning 800 Magnum but! it is going to require a bunch of shimming to get get optical centered scope on paper
Perhaps some of my old black powdered trick the old man taught me are in order here... lol

[/IMG]
How do you like those optics? Cleat, any fisheye?

Have ya done more mods/smoothing out of the pistol?

Regards,

Tony

December 1st, 2010, 2:43 pm #4

like it a lot. Was worried at first when I got the B800 I could not find a scope that would work with out having it all up in the air with high mounts so not to interfear with barrel breaking open, but then I saw this from UTG / Leapers.
Said to myself ????? hhhhm just might be what I have been looking for.

December 1st, 2010, 2:50 pm #5

i saw a side wheel is also available for 12 bucks at PA if yo decide to go that way nt :)
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

December 1st, 2010, 2:52 pm #6

How do you like those optics? Cleat, any fisheye?

Have ya done more mods/smoothing out of the pistol?

Regards,

Tony
I really was not expecting too much from it as it was only $99
so you can imagine my surprise when I took some looks through it at different power levels & ranges that it really is a great scope for the money. The optics are really good. no aberrations at all no smoke/ fish-eye nothing but! the mil-dots do seem abit heavy but I do not think that is going to be a problem especially for PFT but will know for sure sometime today when I put it through it's paces after modding the barrel up to get POI to be close to optical center of scope. I am not a big fan of shimming especially on a springer, so we will see if my barrel tweak will suffice.
I have left the pistol in stock form as I really want to see what it can do as such before anything else.

December 1st, 2010, 2:54 pm #7

for PFT I think it will do just fine with small wheel
BTW
This scope is heavy for it's size. I was very surprised when I picked it up

December 1st, 2010, 3:43 pm #8

[/IMG]
you could get those mounts drooped by Tim@Mac-1

the procedure is simple:

Center the scope optically
Mount and measure the distance between centers of mounts
Shoot a group at 10 yards
Enclose sheet of paper in box for Tim
Send

after a short while, you will receive perfectly drooped mounts. No shimming, no adjusting. Eternal.

Just a thought.

Un Abrazo!

H�ctor

December 1st, 2010, 4:33 pm #9

I really was not expecting too much from it as it was only $99
so you can imagine my surprise when I took some looks through it at different power levels & ranges that it really is a great scope for the money. The optics are really good. no aberrations at all no smoke/ fish-eye nothing but! the mil-dots do seem abit heavy but I do not think that is going to be a problem especially for PFT but will know for sure sometime today when I put it through it's paces after modding the barrel up to get POI to be close to optical center of scope. I am not a big fan of shimming especially on a springer, so we will see if my barrel tweak will suffice.
I have left the pistol in stock form as I really want to see what it can do as such before anything else.
stuff that performs like it SHOULDN'T!!!

The Centerpoint 4 - 16 x 40AO Mildot from Wally World at $70 is the most recent revelation, have 4 now inside of a month!!!

Cool to hear that, maybe you could just get a drooped set of mounts, like the Accushot Cantilever from MAC1 and forget the shimming, which I don't care for either, have a few scopes with crunched tubes from shimming!!!

Regards,

Tony

December 1st, 2010, 6:09 pm #10

least expect it. I like those days
I to have the 4-16 from WW & yes I think it is a great! scope for the money
my only complaint abut it is the AO is a bit too stiff for my youngest boy when he is in a sitting position he just has a miserable time turning it without shaking all over the place as he says...lol
Part of the reason I got this UTG 3-12 is to try it out not only for my PFT rig but also to see if it was worthy of putting on his FN8 for HFT
I think he is really going to like one with side wheel versus the AO type
I think I will get him one for Christmas