Finally bought a spring compressor. Must be getting old!

Finally bought a spring compressor. Must be getting old!

April 17th, 2017, 4:02 pm #1

I finally bought a spring compressor and it is coming in the mail today. I had been putting off dismantling my RWS 48 .25cal to put the new Vortek piston seal in it, because I didn't feel like "man handling" the thing just to get the spring back in it. The $89 I paid for it is going to be well worth it. It the new Air Venturi one and I will let everyone know how well it works this afternoon.

April 17th, 2017, 4:32 pm #2

Let us see pics in action.

Also let us know how you like that M48 in .25. I have one and think it is the bomb! I reviewed it here:

http://www.airguns.net/reviews_rws48.php

Clearly mine likes the FTS pellets. Only running at 710fps, but that is about 23 fpe. Just enough to kill a squirrel without worrying about pass through or ricochet (see my review for reasoning).

April 18th, 2017, 1:34 am #3

I finally bought a spring compressor and it is coming in the mail today. I had been putting off dismantling my RWS 48 .25cal to put the new Vortek piston seal in it, because I didn't feel like "man handling" the thing just to get the spring back in it. The $89 I paid for it is going to be well worth it. It the new Air Venturi one and I will let everyone know how well it works this afternoon.

This makes is too easy!