Field Target Triathlon - Would you participate or sit on the sidelines?

Field Target Triathlon - Would you participate or sit on the sidelines?

May 13th, 2010, 7:15 am #1

If a match were held where the over all winner was determined by their aggregate score for shooting a FT Course in 3 different classes, i.e. Open Class, International Class and Springer or any other combination with other classes like Hunter, Pistol, etc....

Would you be interested in participating or would you consider it too physically/mentally demanding, too time consuming, uninteresting, etc.?!?!

Just kicking an idea around with some folks that are interested and thought I'd toss it out here...

Regards,

Tony

May 13th, 2010, 8:56 am #2

I am game

"A woulda got a higher score if I hadn't missed so many"

Ron @ CASA
Last edited by rj222 on May 13th, 2010, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 13th, 2010, 10:29 am #3

If a match were held where the over all winner was determined by their aggregate score for shooting a FT Course in 3 different classes, i.e. Open Class, International Class and Springer or any other combination with other classes like Hunter, Pistol, etc....

Would you be interested in participating or would you consider it too physically/mentally demanding, too time consuming, uninteresting, etc.?!?!

Just kicking an idea around with some folks that are interested and thought I'd toss it out here...

Regards,

Tony
when I suggested this back in march.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/m ... dea+coming.

<p>A Team PCP Tuning Document</p>(please note the site does go down with high
traffic so check back if it isn't available)
<p>YouTube Videos</p>

May 13th, 2010, 2:30 pm #4

Regards,

Tony
Practical problem I'd see would be finding three classes everyone at the match could agree on - otherwise you're comparing apples to oranges.

May 13th, 2010, 2:36 pm #5

Regards,

Tony
<p>Sounds like a winner, but the time constraints would be daunting, as would the need and expense for different guns/ setups.</p><p>RicG</p><p>I finally get to shoot again this weekend at the Airguns of Arizona Southwest Open, so not much else matters. Yeah!</p>
Last edited by wheelsroller on May 13th, 2010, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 13th, 2010, 2:50 pm #6

<p>YouTube Videos</p>
I've wanted to shoot both IC and open since I got 19fpe USFT #6:-)

12fpe USFT#44 is sulking in the corner saying "it just ain't fair" she wants to play too.

I'm planning on letting folks shoot our course twice each day for the Oak Alley Memorial weekend shoot out. The first shoot will be planned at 6:30am and the second shoot at 10:30 am. Any class can shoot at either time, but I'm planning on shooting the IC class early, and the open class at 10:30, since the wind will be lighter in the early morning.

Then the pistol (Fri & Sat.) and bench rest (Sunday afternoon and Monday morning) shoots in the afternoons. Three contests in one day??? Who has the stamina? Who can be the endurance champ?

Wacky Wayne,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

May 13th, 2010, 3:35 pm #7

I am game

"A woulda got a higher score if I hadn't missed so many"

Ron @ CASA
You always are shooting different guns at the matches, lol, always got me wondering when I travel down there, is he shooting Open, Intl., Hunter, Springer, Pistol?!?!

Regards,

Tony

May 13th, 2010, 3:36 pm #8

<p>YouTube Videos</p>
one of these matches at your club yet?

Regards,

Tony

May 13th, 2010, 3:37 pm #9

I've wanted to shoot both IC and open since I got 19fpe USFT #6:-)

12fpe USFT#44 is sulking in the corner saying "it just ain't fair" she wants to play too.

I'm planning on letting folks shoot our course twice each day for the Oak Alley Memorial weekend shoot out. The first shoot will be planned at 6:30am and the second shoot at 10:30 am. Any class can shoot at either time, but I'm planning on shooting the IC class early, and the open class at 10:30, since the wind will be lighter in the early morning.

Then the pistol (Fri & Sat.) and bench rest (Sunday afternoon and Monday morning) shoots in the afternoons. Three contests in one day??? Who has the stamina? Who can be the endurance champ?

Wacky Wayne,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

May 13th, 2010, 3:41 pm #10

Practical problem I'd see would be finding three classes everyone at the match could agree on - otherwise you're comparing apples to oranges.
for those honestly wanting to test their skills and see what they could do...if enough people show up, classes could be set up for which gun combinations are used OR just add a multiplier to the PFT scores if they are shooting a shortened course with half or 1/3 the targets of the rifle courses...just kicking the idea around...

Regards,

Tony