Field target course - amount of space/land required

Field target course - amount of space/land required

September 18th, 2010, 12:01 am #1

It's sad because I've yet to go to a real FT match but I'm trying to track down some places. I got a response back from a place (paintball field) and they are asking how much room I need - at least they didn't just say NO. happy.gif

So I want to give them an idea of the amount of room needed. I know I'd need approximately 50-60 yards of depth including maybe 5 yards of firing line area. How about width for lanes? Any recommendation on number of lanes and width per lane? I don't want us to be cramped but I don't want to ask for 10 acres either.

Thanks!

Casey

September 18th, 2010, 12:44 am #2

Casey, you can set up a 20 to 30 target course on less than a acre of land. The major concern would be what is behind your targets and how far away is it.

September 23rd, 2010, 6:41 pm #3

It's sad because I've yet to go to a real FT match but I'm trying to track down some places. I got a response back from a place (paintball field) and they are asking how much room I need - at least they didn't just say NO. happy.gif

So I want to give them an idea of the amount of room needed. I know I'd need approximately 50-60 yards of depth including maybe 5 yards of firing line area. How about width for lanes? Any recommendation on number of lanes and width per lane? I don't want us to be cramped but I don't want to ask for 10 acres either.

Thanks!

Casey
7 feet each lane x 20 lanes= 140 feet (46.6 yards).

Targets..?? At two targets/lane that is 40 targets...or..??

September 23rd, 2010, 6:54 pm #4

I gave them a rough estimate of 1 acre which is about 210ft x 210ft or 70 yds by 70 yds. Figured that would give space for firing line, targets, sight-in etc.

I'm actually possibly heading out to meet her today but not sure if it will work out. Thursday is not a normal field day but she's going out there to accept a shipment of some kind. She had the questions you'd imagine - insurance, how far do pellets go, what happens if you overshoot, safety etc.

We'll see!

-Casey