Feels like summer and the .22 cal Qb is

Feels like summer and the .22 cal Qb is

June 4th, 2012, 1:36 am #1

Out and about shooting down some starlings and English sparrows here in sunny California. the funny thing is that every chinese rifle I have ever had likes to eat some hi quality pellets, one holers out to 13 or 15 yards with jsb's. I need to bulk fill this rifle to keep the cost down with paint ball tank. I bought this rifle for my nephew but I have as much fun with it as he does, or maybe more. Now if I can only keep that barrel from moving I would shoot it more often!!!.
Daniel

June 4th, 2012, 10:42 am #2

It spits them out at 720 fps on a low to mid 80's day.

Great little gun!

It had its issues so as I went through it I did a full tune, new crown, barrel band set screw etc and fixed its accuracy problems. (Got 775 fps /w 14.3 cp's in the low the mid 80's also)

Bruce
Last edited by bruce.itterman on June 4th, 2012, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 4th, 2012, 1:26 pm #3

Soon I will also tune this little chinese gem, I was going to do it when I bought it a few years back but it was just pushed to the rear as I shoot mostly springers. At the same time I bought this qb I got in to pcp airguns and so you know how that goes it was pushed to the rear even further.

June 5th, 2012, 11:40 pm #4

If I was to pick just one mode to do I would install an HDD.

You could send it to MM for a complete go over also as everyone reports great work from him or even better keep that one as is since you have the PCP's and tanks and get a qb79 from MM and get a full tune and set it up for HPA with a regulated tank.

So many ways to go... all dependent on what you want.

I personally was not going to do much to me sons but as I had valve problems out of the box I needed to take things apart and in the process did a combination of mods all done with basic tools as I don't have a mill or a metal lathe.

Some things to think about, with a stock valve you can gain a lot of performance just with a few mods:
-Probe the bolt, if you do this you might want to also port the barrel port some. look at archers XP tune kit
-Line the transfer port up with the barrel port.
- HDD.. make up for some of the extra gas you are using.
-debur everything such that seals are not needed every time you take the gun apart and put it back together.
-Trigger tune if not already were you want.

A google search like "craig co2 tune qb78" might find some sites with tuning info.

Bruce