Falcon FN19 or S400?

Falcon FN19 or S400?

October 11th, 2010, 3:28 pm #1

I was wondering which one of these would be better for FT. Which one has a better shot count? Which one has better accuracy? Ergonomics?
Thanks!!
Jackson

October 11th, 2010, 11:10 pm #2

unless you opt for HFT. The Falcon skeleton stock is way too light. My s400 gets 35-40ish good shots. The Falcon has a smaller diameter airtube so will get fewer shots. You just have to watch that the mags are ok on the FN-19. Made of plastic and if the timing is off, they can be stripped. Both are crazy accurate and getting either one will be a plus mark for you.

Regards,

Mark G
Last edited by mark600 on October 11th, 2010, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 12th, 2010, 1:28 am #3

I was wondering which one of these would be better for FT. Which one has a better shot count? Which one has better accuracy? Ergonomics?
Thanks!!
Jackson
were also available with other factory stock styles besides the skeleton model. That included standard sporter style stocks in either walnut or laminate plus two styles of dedicated target stocks. One a non-thumbhole target version with an adjustable comb and butt plate or the even heavier thumbhole model with adjustable comb, butt plate and optional adjustable forend. They too were offered in both walnut and a blonde laminated version. The action was also available in a single shot version which actually makes for a better field target rifle in my opinion. No magazines to worry about. The target rifles came with match triggers but the match triggers were also available for any of the rifles or pistols except the Raptor which was a different action. I don't know if they ever offered one for that model. The standard trigger is very similar to the match trigger and can be adjusted very nicely it just won't adjust down as light. However you can simply replace the springs on the standard model with lighter ones and get a much lighter pull without the headache of finding a match one which is getting harder to come by these days.
Unfortunately the dedicated target Falcons have also become scarce. I don't even know if they are available new anymore so you probably will be forced to look on the classifieds for a used one. The newer "C" models were available through Beeman for a while but they were different and now that Beeman is pretty much gone who knows?

October 12th, 2010, 5:10 am #4

Thanks!!
Jackson
would be a fine set up, I'd prefer a Classic Falcon with FT Stock and Match Trigger much more than a current S400.

The Falcon Match triggers are way better than an S400 Trigger or an S400 with MPR FT Trigger conversion.

If choosing between current factory sporter/Thumbhole stocks and triggers, I'd probably lean towards the S400.

Regards,

Tony

October 12th, 2010, 5:45 am #5

TRL is the laminated stock, TRW is the walnut version

October 12th, 2010, 5:50 am #6

Laminated Target Stock, not the FT Stock, looked like a 10M Stock with an Anschutz Rail. Had the Match Trigger on the FN-19(.17), it was wickedly accurate and that Match Trigger was excellent...

Regards,

Tony

October 12th, 2010, 5:51 am #7

would be a fine set up, I'd prefer a Classic Falcon with FT Stock and Match Trigger much more than a current S400.

The Falcon Match triggers are way better than an S400 Trigger or an S400 with MPR FT Trigger conversion.

If choosing between current factory sporter/Thumbhole stocks and triggers, I'd probably lean towards the S400.

Regards,

Tony
are really beautiful rifles. Super nice bluing, great triggers and high quality stocks.
Last edited by DYNAIR on October 12th, 2010, 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 12th, 2010, 5:59 am #8

Laminated Target Stock, not the FT Stock, looked like a 10M Stock with an Anschutz Rail. Had the Match Trigger on the FN-19(.17), it was wickedly accurate and that Match Trigger was excellent...

Regards,

Tony
Pro Star or something like that. You don't see very many of those either.

October 12th, 2010, 6:18 am #9

are really beautiful rifles. Super nice bluing, great triggers and high quality stocks.
names but loved the Single Shot version where there was separate cocking versus pellet loading.

And for hunting, my light hunters rocked with Quick Fill Mods!!!

Regards,

Tony

October 12th, 2010, 6:19 am #10

Pro Star or something like that. You don't see very many of those either.
ever seen someone post a pic or talk of having that same stock I had!

Regards,

Tony