Fake Vietman Vet

Fake Vietman Vet

May 25th, 2012, 4:44 am #1

I had to throw a drunk out of my store about a month ago and he left screaming he was a Vietnam veteran which he also claims to be to anyone who will listen in this town of 1,000 people. He claims to have been a Captain.

He showed up at my store yesterday to get his Net 10 phone time and have it put on his phone(because he is too ignorant to do it himself yet his was an officer) like nothing ever happened with him launching f bombs while I had appliance customers in the store. I was too busy taking service calls and my associate on the Radio Shack side of the house took care of him and I only overheard him claiming it was his 52nd birthday(yesterday).

When he left I told her he is a a drunk/drug addict claiming to be a vet and she,having recently fallen off the turnip truck said "Oh no, he is a Vietnan vet with PTSD". I told her, "Do the math. The last helicopter left the embassy in Saigon in 1975. 1975 from 2012 is 37 years and 37 from 52 is 15. Since he claimed to have been a Captain he would have had either a year in OCS/Basic/AIT or 4 years in West Point which would have made him either 14 years old or 11 years old to have been an O-1 in Vietman and even if he single handedly dispatched a VC battalion he would have had to entered the service at age 12 or 9 to make Captain by 1975".
I went to StolenValor.com to try to find out the last legitimate date one could be eligible for VN era status in case his next story is he was "special ops" secretly there after there were officially there in 1979 as is one of his other stories.
Last edited by 22MK1 on May 25th, 2012, 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 25th, 2012, 7:00 am #2

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

May 25th, 2012, 12:54 pm #3

I had to throw a drunk out of my store about a month ago and he left screaming he was a Vietnam veteran which he also claims to be to anyone who will listen in this town of 1,000 people. He claims to have been a Captain.

He showed up at my store yesterday to get his Net 10 phone time and have it put on his phone(because he is too ignorant to do it himself yet his was an officer) like nothing ever happened with him launching f bombs while I had appliance customers in the store. I was too busy taking service calls and my associate on the Radio Shack side of the house took care of him and I only overheard him claiming it was his 52nd birthday(yesterday).

When he left I told her he is a a drunk/drug addict claiming to be a vet and she,having recently fallen off the turnip truck said "Oh no, he is a Vietnan vet with PTSD". I told her, "Do the math. The last helicopter left the embassy in Saigon in 1975. 1975 from 2012 is 37 years and 37 from 52 is 15. Since he claimed to have been a Captain he would have had either a year in OCS/Basic/AIT or 4 years in West Point which would have made him either 14 years old or 11 years old to have been an O-1 in Vietman and even if he single handedly dispatched a VC battalion he would have had to entered the service at age 12 or 9 to make Captain by 1975".
I went to StolenValor.com to try to find out the last legitimate date one could be eligible for VN era status in case his next story is he was "special ops" secretly there after there were officially there in 1979 as is one of his other stories.
Counting the "Era" Vets (like me) who never served in country but now claim to have.

May 25th, 2012, 2:44 pm #4

Deliberate false claims to get something for nothing are pretty-sorry.

I'm just keeping in mind that people who are paranoid schizophrenics (to name one thing) sometimes actually believe they are Napoleon, Jesus Christ, all sorts of famous people. The chemistry of their brain is off-balance due to their illness. We don't get upset at them because, "That guy isn't really Napoleon. He's just trying to cash-in on the benefits of French notoriety".

Of course, there are some people who are just liars, plain and simple, and they'll say anything to try to cheat you out of something to their own benefit. Plain variety drug addicts are prone to saying and doing almost anything to get another high.

So, I want to be clear about my comment. The bottom line to me is that it's not your job to treat him, cure him, or give him something to which you feel he's not entitled. I'm only listing another possibility.

Peace and better days, M'h.

Happy Shooting!

Ed, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

May 26th, 2012, 1:22 am #5

First ten years out I wouldn`t even put it on a job application.Its a whole syndrome now
have run into more fakes than I care to remember

mark in mass

May 26th, 2012, 1:45 am #6

We tried to hide the fact that we were vets from the general public because we'd be called baby killers or worse by many in the general population. Even after Desert Storm when the attitude changed, it took a while before Viet vets we're talked about with anything resembling respect.

"The Universe is comprised mainly of two things.. hydrogen and ignorance."
John Dobson
Inventor, astronomer and metaphysical thinker.

May 26th, 2012, 4:43 pm #7

First ten years out I wouldn`t even put it on a job application.Its a whole syndrome now
have run into more fakes than I care to remember

mark in mass
A Vietnam Veteran. I am always haunted when I am seldom moved to tell someone that I was/am a Viet Vet. Drafted on Friday 13th, Dec. 1968 during "Project 100,000" (it used to be on "Wikipedia"). But I think history has lately been Re Written since that scheme was intended to end run around Congress and The American Public.
I always had images of being cast in the sterotypical light of the ex Vietnam Vet, the shell shocked, drug crazed, Whack job, just waiting to tick off the loaded time bomb.

Man that was my Biggest Secret for a good 20 yrs.
To this day I seldom speak about it to any one except another Vet from that era and that is NOT the first topic we choose to speak about.
doug,P.

History IS the Preview of the Future, don't Forget any!
http://www.damagedwoodstocks.info
doug,P.

May 26th, 2012, 10:48 pm #8

A FAKE "Commander in Chief" is another story.

May 28th, 2012, 2:59 am #9

What, you going to hold it against everyone who never served? I served under some officers who couldn't pour **** from a bucket if their life depended on it. Let's keep the politics out of what should be a day of honor for those who lost their lives serving their country.

May 28th, 2012, 4:03 pm #10

And never is a long time.
Last edited by MikeinSEPa. on May 28th, 2012, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.