Everone should squish some mud between their toessss

Everone should squish some mud between their toessss

August 16th, 2012, 7:43 pm #1

Will sssssssstick with the fingers fer now.

sssssScored this homemade potters Wheel off craigs list. Its very well made but has a single speed motor and the wheel spins too fast. Girl are having great fun flinging mud all around my shop.

Uh huh........

I suspect builder used a banding wheel (18" dia) It is far bigger than necessary for us. Have to approach from a corner and lean pretty far forward.

Anybody have a clue as to what the pipe and extra side mounts were used for? Obviously sssssssome ssssssssssort of jigging but not being a potter really have no clue.

ssssSnake

August 16th, 2012, 9:20 pm #2

That's where the auto pilot goes...

Hey! Couldn't you just rig some sort of foot operated spring hinge on the motor or an idler to engage and disengage friction to the belt?

Not as cool as VS motor but gives you something else to build...

August 16th, 2012, 9:43 pm #3

the mounts are for tools. Like a lathe for bulk production.

If you want to make 12 of the same vase, having your shaper on a mount will assure uniformity.

Or it could be a candle holder, a coffee holder and a spittoon holder for those who dip while throwing.

squarch.....DING

August 16th, 2012, 9:43 pm #4

That's where the auto pilot goes...

Hey! Couldn't you just rig some sort of foot operated spring hinge on the motor or an idler to engage and disengage friction to the belt?

Not as cool as VS motor but gives you something else to build...
damn iMac
Last edited by Whiteleather on August 16th, 2012, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 16th, 2012, 10:37 pm #5

sssssScored this homemade potters Wheel off craigs list. Its very well made but has a single speed motor and the wheel spins too fast. Girl are having great fun flinging mud all around my shop.

Uh huh........

I suspect builder used a banding wheel (18" dia) It is far bigger than necessary for us. Have to approach from a corner and lean pretty far forward.

Anybody have a clue as to what the pipe and extra side mounts were used for? Obviously sssssssome ssssssssssort of jigging but not being a potter really have no clue.

ssssSnake
Bigger on the wheel smaller on the motor, even if you had to go to a more flexible ribbon belt?

James S

August 17th, 2012, 1:10 am #6

Uh huh........

ssssSnake
The wheel should turn at not much more than 200 rpm.

August 17th, 2012, 1:35 am #7

Uh huh........

ssssSnake
...play LPs?

http://youtu.be/HvyCMgAajqk

Second question: Does it have tandem seating?

Steve
Last edited by pneuguy on August 17th, 2012, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 17th, 2012, 3:18 am #8

Bigger on the wheel smaller on the motor, even if you had to go to a more flexible ribbon belt?

James S
sssssssSmallest pulley already on motor. Don't wanna try and put a bigger one on shaft. Could do another jack shaft but again ergos not great so rather ssssssink any money into a commercial unit.

ssssSnake

August 17th, 2012, 3:19 am #9

The wheel should turn at not much more than 200 rpm.
Hence the term Homemade. Have come to realize the proper ssssssssspeeds needed.

ssssssssStill learning.

ssssSnake

August 17th, 2012, 3:22 am #10

...play LPs?

http://youtu.be/HvyCMgAajqk

Second question: Does it have tandem seating?

Steve
iffn Demi requested.

ssssSnake