Emergency!

Emergency!

July 17th, 2009, 2:45 am #1

OK, I'm probably being a nusicance here, but I really need some help with my discovery. I have an upcoming pest control thing coming up and need to have this gun up and running. The discovery is the only operable airgun I have now. But it is really hard to cock now. I disassembled it to try to help with the bolt popping thing,but when I reassembled it it wouldn't cock! Not in the sense that the sear wasn't catching or anything. I mean the bolt probe itself was hard to pull back. I'm really frustrated here because the disco is the only operable(soon I hope) airgun I have right now! I have another one, but it needs a new spring. I really need to have it up and running again by sunday.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

One shot, one kill
Last edited by arrowking on July 17th, 2009, 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 17th, 2009, 4:22 am #2

might have not got the hammer spring in the hole on the tube plug take the two rear screws out and check.With the spring out try cocking it to make sure nothing got in there to cause this problem it should slid back with no effort.put it back togher and try cocking it befor you put the stock back on.If you have a power adjuster back it out and try that frist.

July 17th, 2009, 5:05 am #3

I checked the spring to make sure it was in the hole and the hammer will slide easily without the spring. I have no power adjuster. When I put it all back together(no stock) the same problem occurs.

One shot, one kill

July 17th, 2009, 6:05 am #4

OK, I'm probably being a nusicance here, but I really need some help with my discovery. I have an upcoming pest control thing coming up and need to have this gun up and running. The discovery is the only operable airgun I have now. But it is really hard to cock now. I disassembled it to try to help with the bolt popping thing,but when I reassembled it it wouldn't cock! Not in the sense that the sear wasn't catching or anything. I mean the bolt probe itself was hard to pull back. I'm really frustrated here because the disco is the only operable(soon I hope) airgun I have right now! I have another one, but it needs a new spring. I really need to have it up and running again by sunday.

One shot, one kill
nt

July 17th, 2009, 6:56 am #5

first I did then I took it out still no dice

One shot, one kill

July 17th, 2009, 3:03 pm #6

could cause bolt to wedge and not slide smoothly

July 17th, 2009, 3:04 pm #7

One shot, one kill
misaligned or bent? or not completely in the slot. had that happen on a 22xx gun , make sure its sliding correctly, that would keep it from cocking more-n anything else

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

July 17th, 2009, 4:54 pm #8

could cause bolt to wedge and not slide smoothly
I'll take all the precautions you guys said.

One shot, one kill

July 17th, 2009, 6:13 pm #9

One shot, one kill
and no dice. I did get a couple shots off and they were hitting extremely low. I don't know if that helps you guys in trying to diagnose my problem.

One shot, one kill

July 17th, 2009, 6:26 pm #10

joe i will bet if you pull striker and wipe tube with 400 grit sand paper and then clean rag and acitone or denatured alcohal make sure tube is dry.then clean striker and make sure no burrs and polish it put back together should work. let us know ps velocity drop indicates drag on striker
Last edited by booniel on July 17th, 2009, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.