Eddystone model 1917... 3006 sale value?

Eddystone model 1917... 3006 sale value?

May 12th, 2012, 1:14 am #1

Hi guys.

I wish to have a fast estimate of sale value for a WWII US rifle. Tomorrow I can trade it for $100 grocery card in Los Angeles.

I don't see myself shooting it again, but is it worth more that $100 plus $25 FFL fee on used marked out here?

It is a model 1917 EDDYSTONE 30.06

I have had it for about 30 years, got it from a friend. Someone before him started to convert it to a sporter but didn't finish it. the stock is a functional shape but needs sanding and finishing.

I have shot it a couple of times after buying it, it hit where I pointed it.

It has a nice Lyman click peep sight on it.

I was thinking of taking the rear sight off and selling it later.

Thanks for any help!

May 12th, 2012, 1:20 am #2

If the metal parts haven't been messed with it could be worth more.

May 12th, 2012, 1:27 am #3

Hi guys.

I wish to have a fast estimate of sale value for a WWII US rifle. Tomorrow I can trade it for $100 grocery card in Los Angeles.

I don't see myself shooting it again, but is it worth more that $100 plus $25 FFL fee on used marked out here?

It is a model 1917 EDDYSTONE 30.06

I have had it for about 30 years, got it from a friend. Someone before him started to convert it to a sporter but didn't finish it. the stock is a functional shape but needs sanding and finishing.

I have shot it a couple of times after buying it, it hit where I pointed it.

It has a nice Lyman click peep sight on it.

I was thinking of taking the rear sight off and selling it later.

Thanks for any help!
Seriously the Lyman sight on that rifle it's self will get you 150.00 if it's a vintage Lyman made for the 1917. A all steel Lyman hunting peep is a treasure. Has the action "EARS" around the rear sight been ground down? Has the barrel been "chopped". Now some Bishop stocks were sold unfinished with in-letting. The but-plate will give it away, it will accept the 1917 OEM steel plate. Dose it have all the original sights? The bolt alone will get you two bills easy. trigger and mag assembly another 150.00. If the barrel hasn't been dicked with your looking at easy 300.00 for guys wanting a spare for there competition rifle they shoot at Perry for the Nationals in the military bolt gun matches. In short get that thing outta Ca and get about 500.00 for the parts. DO NOT TRADE FOR A FOOD VALCHER. I'LL FIND YOU AND KICK YOU IN THE SHINN'S

From time to time Everyone should squish some mudd between their toe's!!!!!!

May 12th, 2012, 1:35 am #4

I still cringe at all the rifles cut up by the military to count as small arms reduction.

May 12th, 2012, 1:41 am #5

If I'm right we lost the only American made SLR's made by H&R. Think American made FN-FAL

May 12th, 2012, 1:44 am #6

Seriously the Lyman sight on that rifle it's self will get you 150.00 if it's a vintage Lyman made for the 1917. A all steel Lyman hunting peep is a treasure. Has the action "EARS" around the rear sight been ground down? Has the barrel been "chopped". Now some Bishop stocks were sold unfinished with in-letting. The but-plate will give it away, it will accept the 1917 OEM steel plate. Dose it have all the original sights? The bolt alone will get you two bills easy. trigger and mag assembly another 150.00. If the barrel hasn't been dicked with your looking at easy 300.00 for guys wanting a spare for there competition rifle they shoot at Perry for the Nationals in the military bolt gun matches. In short get that thing outta Ca and get about 500.00 for the parts. DO NOT TRADE FOR A FOOD VALCHER. I'LL FIND YOU AND KICK YOU IN THE SHINN'S

I can post a photo of the sight a bit later. It is all steel for sure. I don't know if it is original or not.

The stock has a rubber stamp name.... W.R. Hutchings Los Angeles
It has a white line recoil pad from Mershon Co. Glendale Ca.

The barrel may be shortened? It is 24" in length to the action cut down.

It is nice to know that the sight and bolt have value well over the $100.

May 12th, 2012, 2:07 am #7

If I'm right we lost the only American made SLR's made by H&R. Think American made FN-FAL

as 1968 amnesty guns...
as well as others in Government Museums
pretty sure there is one in the NRA museum too
not as many were scrapped as is sometimes assumed

May 12th, 2012, 2:07 am #8

I can post a photo of the sight a bit later. It is all steel for sure. I don't know if it is original or not.

The stock has a rubber stamp name.... W.R. Hutchings Los Angeles
It has a white line recoil pad from Mershon Co. Glendale Ca.

The barrel may be shortened? It is 24" in length to the action cut down.

It is nice to know that the sight and bolt have value well over the $100.
of the Lyman sight.

May 12th, 2012, 2:11 am #9

so it's value is hammered hard
you might get a C note for the rear sight, I know here in the midwest it would be a tough sell to get $300 for the rifle by itself
that said I still wouldnt hand it in at a gun buy back, worth more than that

May 12th, 2012, 2:14 am #10

as 1968 amnesty guns...
as well as others in Government Museums
pretty sure there is one in the NRA museum too
not as many were scrapped as is sometimes assumed
That were part of the initial gov. gun trials were destroyed under Clinton years.