DRO For Sale

DRO For Sale

July 28th, 2011, 12:42 pm #1

Shooting Star CBX-3d 3 axis digital readout. Made in Canada. Excellent condition with very light use. I only used two of the three sensor assemblies. Sold my lathe and the buyer didn't want the DRO. New this unit sells for $750. I am asking $400, I think that is a fair price. If you don't think so, make me a reasonable offer.
Thanks for looking!

Tom

"What, me worry?"

"If I were two faced would I be wearing this one?" - Abe Lincoln
Last edited by tominMPLS on July 28th, 2011, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 28th, 2011, 3:16 pm #2

Tom,
What are the lengths of the scales? Are those the "rack" scales?

What machine were these mounted on?

How old is it?

July 28th, 2011, 6:05 pm #3

The scales are the rack type. At present the scales are 24", 17", and 16". I just emailed Shooting Star in Canada and inquired about purchasing longer replacement racks if needed for a new install.
The DRO was mounted on my old Smithy 1220XL, the ad for which is still posted a few posts below.
Regarding age, the system is about 5 years old? I can't exactly remember. It was used for only about two years as I didn't install it for a few years.
Anything else I can help with please ask!

Tom

"What, me worry?"

August 8th, 2011, 7:17 pm #4

Shooting Star CBX-3d 3 axis digital readout. Made in Canada. Excellent condition with very light use. I only used two of the three sensor assemblies. Sold my lathe and the buyer didn't want the DRO. New this unit sells for $750. I am asking $400, I think that is a fair price. If you don't think so, make me a reasonable offer.
Thanks for looking!

Tom

"What, me worry?"

Thanks everyone.

Tom

"What, me worry?"

August 9th, 2011, 6:40 pm #5

Well, we worked it out, Tom set the package out for pickup, and some lowlife scumbag stole it off his porch.

Tom's a good guy. If he posts anything else for sale, rest assured you have a straight shooter on the other end.

Tom, very sorry it did not work out.

Rex