Dressed and ready for the Temecula Challenge !

Dressed and ready for the Temecula Challenge !

May 7th, 2017, 7:48 pm #1

I just got my RWS56TH back from Hector Medina and I am happy to report that I am absolutely thrilled with the result of the 12 ft lb conversion.

It is super easy to cock, and the accuracy is astonishing. It rivals my most accurate Whiscombes and for a fraction of the cost.

I am a die hard springer fan but shooting my Whiscombes took it’s toll on my shoulder and elbow which are both struggling to recover from a torn rotator cuff injury and torn ligaments in the elbow.

Suffice to say I need a single stroke and VERY easy to cock rifle … which this is …. or else it’s PCP only for me ….

Anyway here he is … all dressed and ready for the 12ft lb WFTF Temecula Challenge in a couple of weeks time.

Groups were shot of a sand bag and the rifle was benched with no wind ….. each 5 shot group can be covered by a nickel !

At least when I miss I’ll know it was either my fault, or the wind got the better of me or a combination of both .. LOL

https://youtu.be/fbRKd6xIsT4

Thank you Hector for working your magic on this rifle … you are now officially renamed

‘Señor Airgun Wizard’

If you are interested in seeing what Hector can do for your air rifle he can be contacted here …

http://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hectors-airgun-blog

Héctor J. Medina G.- Airgunsmith
Connecticut Custom Airguns LLC
51 Hoyt St.
New Canaan, CT, 06840

(203) 340 2535

May 8th, 2017, 12:31 am #2

Glad you'll be there. Don't overdue it even with that 12fpe cocking. I have to moderate my practice, even when cocking my 12fpe gun. It's the repetitive motion as much as the strain.

Besides the PCP competitors, there should be plenty of piston shooters. I heard that the following planned on being there:

You
me
Casey R!
Jeff C
Jim Poh
Mark from Chico
Son L
Vince P

anyone else?

I'm tasked with targets and WFTF compliant signage. Not as big or long as the World WFTF match, but close as we can come on a smaller scale. And I expect target function to be the best you have seen.

May 8th, 2017, 1:13 am #3

Hope you guys get great weather and have a great time. See some of you in Arizona this fall.

May 8th, 2017, 6:10 pm #4

Glad you'll be there. Don't overdue it even with that 12fpe cocking. I have to moderate my practice, even when cocking my 12fpe gun. It's the repetitive motion as much as the strain.

Besides the PCP competitors, there should be plenty of piston shooters. I heard that the following planned on being there:

You
me
Casey R!
Jeff C
Jim Poh
Mark from Chico
Son L
Vince P

anyone else?

I'm tasked with targets and WFTF compliant signage. Not as big or long as the World WFTF match, but close as we can come on a smaller scale. And I expect target function to be the best you have seen.

Those targets and signs and lane markers .. oh my !

They look great .. really professional .... just like a real WORLDS event !

See ya there / safe drive down.

JB

May 8th, 2017, 7:14 pm #5

You
me
Casey R!
Jeff C
Jim Poh
Mark from Chico
Son L
Vince P

anyone else?

Per the International WFTF website, the sign to be placed to the side of the target specifies that the height of the target number be 10cm (3.94"). Is this dimension an official REQUIREMENT for all (International) WFTF matches?

Last edited by MB-BOB on May 8th, 2017, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 8th, 2017, 8:19 pm #6

Official REQUIREMENT? Per the most recent WFTF core rules.

2.6.2 All targets shall be clearly numbered (per course from left to right) at the target and the firing line.
Note: A document template with the signage is available in WFTF website for download.
Downloads
http://www.world-field-target-federatio ... eDownloads

The only dimension I saw in the rules was the letter size of 6cmx10cm. I used their official templates at 1:1 scale, and the numbers matched the 10cm (3.94") high spec. The printouts from the downloaded templates are 15cm (wide) x 24cm (high) signs with 10cm high numbers.

May 8th, 2017, 10:20 pm #7

I just got my RWS56TH back from Hector Medina and I am happy to report that I am absolutely thrilled with the result of the 12 ft lb conversion.

It is super easy to cock, and the accuracy is astonishing. It rivals my most accurate Whiscombes and for a fraction of the cost.

I am a die hard springer fan but shooting my Whiscombes took it’s toll on my shoulder and elbow which are both struggling to recover from a torn rotator cuff injury and torn ligaments in the elbow.

Suffice to say I need a single stroke and VERY easy to cock rifle … which this is …. or else it’s PCP only for me ….

Anyway here he is … all dressed and ready for the 12ft lb WFTF Temecula Challenge in a couple of weeks time.

Groups were shot of a sand bag and the rifle was benched with no wind ….. each 5 shot group can be covered by a nickel !

At least when I miss I’ll know it was either my fault, or the wind got the better of me or a combination of both .. LOL

https://youtu.be/fbRKd6xIsT4

Thank you Hector for working your magic on this rifle … you are now officially renamed

‘Señor Airgun Wizard’

If you are interested in seeing what Hector can do for your air rifle he can be contacted here …

http://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hectors-airgun-blog

Héctor J. Medina G.- Airgunsmith
Connecticut Custom Airguns LLC
51 Hoyt St.
New Canaan, CT, 06840

(203) 340 2535
a fold out windage "gage"?

Think you just sealed my next big gun purchase..... oh man yer (or maybe Hector is... : ) ) killing me....

May 8th, 2017, 10:21 pm #8

Official REQUIREMENT? Per the most recent WFTF core rules.

2.6.2 All targets shall be clearly numbered (per course from left to right) at the target and the firing line.
Note: A document template with the signage is available in WFTF website for download.
Downloads
http://www.world-field-target-federatio ... eDownloads

The only dimension I saw in the rules was the letter size of 6cmx10cm. I used their official templates at 1:1 scale, and the numbers matched the 10cm (3.94") high spec. The printouts from the downloaded templates are 15cm (wide) x 24cm (high) signs with 10cm high numbers.
for a lot of reasons......

May 8th, 2017, 10:54 pm #9

a fold out windage "gage"?

Think you just sealed my next big gun purchase..... oh man yer (or maybe Hector is... : ) ) killing me....
answered those questions

May 9th, 2017, 1:46 am #10

for a lot of reasons......
are on the same course as those WFTF signs are on they will have 'exact dimensions' to bracket there shots from ....

and I blame Scott Hull for that .... entirely ....

LOL