Does anyone know if...

Does anyone know if...

September 7th, 2012, 9:43 pm #1

the shroud mount is supposed to be flush up against the breech or if there should be a slight gap betweeh the breech and shroud mount? The small groove in the top of the barrel where the set screw tightens into is larger than I thought it would be and allows for various positions of the shroud mount. Trying to rule out possible reasons for my barrel shroud resting on the bottom of the barrel band. Appreciate your feedback.

September 8th, 2012, 5:32 am #2

Do not over tighten the shroud cap. Snug is good. If the barrel seems to droop, the barrel set screws could be loose. There should be no barrel droop. If properly set up, the shroud will not touch the barrel band even with the o-ring installed.

Head Gopher and Assistant
Match Director Ashland Air Rifle Range
Ashland OR

Regards,

Mark Gravelle

September 8th, 2012, 10:47 am #3

In looking at the parts list/exploded view, I'm not sure which are the barrel set screws. It was my understanding that the barrel is "pressed" into the receiver, that's what Crosman told me anyway. If there are screws that would adjust position of barrel thereby lifting barrel shroud off the barrel band, that would be an easy fix.

September 8th, 2012, 1:35 pm #4

You'll have to remove your scope if you have one.You will not be able to remove the barrel without dis-assembling the gun. Also, remove the shroud and see if the barrel is bent. Not common though.

Ashland OR

Regards,

Mark Gravelle

September 8th, 2012, 2:39 pm #5

I removed the forward set screw because my forward scope ring has a vertical pin and the only way to secure that ring to the receiver was to remove that set screw to allow the vertical pin room to be screwed in. I still have the rear set screw in place. I didn't know that either of those set screws had anything to do with the orientation of the barrel.

September 9th, 2012, 2:37 am #6

this is a PCP and they are not needed. You do NEED the barrel set screws!!! Per Crosman "The torque setting used on those set screws is 12 in lbs." Thats INCH POUNDS not Foot!!!!!!

The missing set screw for the barrel could be alot of your trouble

September 9th, 2012, 5:42 am #7

You'll have to remove your scope if you have one.You will not be able to remove the barrel without dis-assembling the gun. Also, remove the shroud and see if the barrel is bent. Not common though.

Ashland OR

Regards,

Mark Gravelle
thanks for the feedback, It never occured to me that those set screws would have anything to do with the orientation of the barrel. Barrel/shroud are dead center now.

September 9th, 2012, 5:50 am #8

this is a PCP and they are not needed. You do NEED the barrel set screws!!! Per Crosman "The torque setting used on those set screws is 12 in lbs." Thats INCH POUNDS not Foot!!!!!!

The missing set screw for the barrel could be alot of your trouble
I didn't know that those set screws had anything to do with the barrel. I wish the parts list/exploded view for the Mrod indicated that these are "barrel" set screws. The barrel/shroud is perfectly centered now. Ironically, accuracy was very good with the shroud touching the bottom of the barrel band, expecting same or better now. Thanks again.

September 9th, 2012, 6:16 am #9

thanks for the feedback, It never occured to me that those set screws would have anything to do with the orientation of the barrel. Barrel/shroud are dead center now.
Marauders are actually pretty easy to work on. Good luck.

Ashland OR

Regards,

Mark Gravelle